Hi! I'm knew! :)

by Shelly81 29 Replies latest jw friends

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the board.

I'm not JW either. I got involved when my teenage daughter had a JW boyfriend. The JW culture can be pretty baffling. Loads of written and unwritten rules, and appearances are very important. Feel free to PM me.

concerned mama

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome

Bryan

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome!

Maybe you can feed some info from here to your friend and 'save' him/her.

Welcome!

DY

• jaredg
    jaredg

welcome shelly....i wish more non-jws came here b/c people like you are more likely to help a jw than an ex-jw. also you'll find that even though jws believe some weird things it's not their fault. stick around for a while!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the group, makes no difference you've never been a JW. There are lots of folks out there that deal with Jehovah's Witnesses that they have come to know. It is good to understand how they think and why they do the weird stuff they sometimes do.

Tell us about your friend, you don't have to us a name or anything. Is he an active JW? By active, I mean does he go to the Kingdom Hall, go in the door to door preaching work.? Stuff like that.

Balsam

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum,

Frank

• Brummie
    Brummie

HellooOoooooo Shelly, welcome aboard.

Brummie <----pretends to be all friendly and stuff ;)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome Shelly 81. You said:

I'm not a witness, but my friend is. I honestly stumbled on this site because I was looking for information on his religion.

If your relationship is anything but plutonic you may want to check out these threads coutesy of Lady Lee and the contributors who posted to them.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

The Best of... I'm married to or dating a JW

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome from Canada

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Howdy and welcome :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit