Hi! I'm knew! :)

by Shelly81 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Shelly81
    Shelly81

Hi! I'm Shelly81 and I'm a newbie! I've actually been looking around this forum for a few months and finally got a password. I'm not a witness, but my friend is. I honestly stumbled on this site because I was looking for information on his religion. But once I really started reading some of the topics I really started to like the people here and thought everyone is very friendly. I hope you don't mind that I'm not a JW? Thanks!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi Shelly81! Don't mind at all that you're not a JW! Glad to have you here.

• Shelly81
    Shelly81

Thanks! For a minute I was worried there.

• kls
    kls

Hi Shelly81. You may never have been a JW but maybe you can learn here to help your friend.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Shelly, glad to have you. Seems we are getting a whole bunch of newbies since Simon fixed that glich.

• missy04
    missy04

Welcome, Shelly!

I was not a JW for very long (and never baptized) but I like to talk to people here,..they're very nice!!

~Sarah

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Shelly! I was a Witness for 18 years, but I've been out for 15 years.

Welcome

• Shelly81
    Shelly81

Thanks to all of you for making me feel comfortable here and welcomed.

• bebu
    bebu

Hey Shelly, as you might have found out by now there are several folks who've not been a JW, but have friends or family in. I have never been a dub either; I ended up here for the same reason you did, trying to figure out how to understand and help my JW friend.

I think it's very good for non-JWs to mix here... Well, we often have some fun together, anyway!

bebu

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Welcome to the board, and thank goodness you are not a JW and never were........hehe, just kiddin' even thou I walked away from the religion I was all of my as a JW,,,,,,,,,there are still alot of good people who are entrapped in it. It is something I wish they too could be free from,,,,,,,well who knows, whenever I can ,I tell who I can all I know about the JW's and encourage everyone to study up on it , just as you did for your friend.

Hugs , LyinEyes/Dede

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit