Were You Afraid Of The Elders?.Did Ya Love Em?...What Was Your View of Them

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Frank, you gotta admit, JW men and boys had more suits than "worldly" people.

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Well, I loved three, my father, grandfather and and father in law. Otherwise, I was terrified!

• Coqueton
    Coqueton

I didn't fear them but it was all abput appearances and the "spin" when you talked to them. Fact is, they were more afraid of me. I got stripped of my privileges without notice, comment or warning because I rolled out with a buddy one night and arrested people, did searches and the like. I got bored with watching COPS on tv and called my Sheriff buddy and asked if he wanted a partner for the night. I lvoed it but an elder heard and didn't like it. He said high speed chases, searching cars and the like was risking my life even though in our town it has been years since a cop was shot at. After I noticed my name was removed from the mikes, etc list, I questioned the elders about the rougue elder that didn't folow protocal, procedure or even the bible. Why did they let this guy do this? That night we arrested an elders son for bein on LSD and writing graffiti with his friends. I only recognized the elder's son, perhaps a few others were also brothers. Small world. They knew I knew what was up, knew how to respond, was (am) versed in the law and am a good examiner so some of the elders told me nobody would volunteer to talk to me.

• heathen
    heathen

coqueton ---- LMAO . You were out there working for the lambeast . Perhaps you should've tried to place some magazines when incarcerating people .

I found elders to be mindless drones and judgemental hypocrites for the most part . They only know how to put watchtower spin on every little thing , just way too anal for me . From what I've heard they are very knowledgeable as to where the local diner or donut shop is when out in field service . With a quick how ya doin and scoot to where the action was was usually the only conversation I had with any of them .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit