Good bye armageddon I knew ye well.

by XQsThaiPoes 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Considering that it was emphasized the most on the circuit assymbles you may be right maybe just our co or the local branch is deciding to change the message. Considering that NY has deliberately relinquished alot of power to the branches it could just be regional, but KOTW is a perfect example of a armageddonless armageddon track. If you want to be fancy you can totally omit the up and comming carnage. It reminds me of all those old westerns kids used to watch where the hero kills about 50 bloodless men with impunity, and people called that wholesome entertainment.

So over all at least for the KOTW push months we are not "supposed to" mention armageddon. Maybe they dont want to taint the release of this publication and the revenue it may bring so they are drilling extra hard to stay away from the armageddon stuff. Because I really doubt a single CO would instantly decide armageddon is a taboo subject at the door. I mean people still call JWs a dooms day cult(even thought we haven't bunkered down since 1914) so I can see how that would hurt sales.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Surely, the current ambiguity must stem from the problems with 1914 doctrine.

It has been over 90 years since that 'momentous' date. The majority of Witnesses at one time believed in the generation doctrine. Even the 'new light' on the generation doctrine is nearly 10 years old now and I would say few Witnesses understood it at the time.

No wonder they are confused by Armageddon.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They are not only confused by their own teachings, they are confused as to their own nature. Are they a worshipping religion? Or are they a messenger service sent by God to warn of an impending doom? Or are they a book publishing and distribution business? Or a real estate speculation and development corporation? Or a medical treatment advise club?

What is their nature? What is their message? What do they CLEARLY teach?

• gumby
    gumby
    After several talks I believe it is official. Armaggedon is dead. We can no longer tell "interested ones about armegeddon, but can only tell them about the new paradise governmen

Where in your head to you dream up the shit you come up with XQ? You are forever making broad statements on this board with little evidence behind what you say. Are you the guy who started the rumor long ago when the witnesses were saying there has been an increase in birds lately because Armageddon is close and the increase in birds are to clean up the mess? Don't claim things are official when you don't know what official is.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit