JWGift.org: New Watchtower Website for Online Donations

by Mark 41 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

In their terms and conditions:

4. Exclusion of Liability The Provider will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Donor or by any other person as a result of access to or use of the website, including disclosure of personal data, howsoever caused.

Don't give them your credit card numbers!

Walter

• Balsam
    Balsam

You know I am not surprised. I would have thought the WTS would use this ploy to get donations sooner. It is so easy for people to pay stuff by credit card.

Congregations must not be bringing in the bucks enough for the society.

• core
    core

As the donations site is from the UK branch is this a test before going worldwide with the worldwide donations work ?

Clearly a clever way of reducing paperwork to take advantage of the UK Gift Aid scheme - but does the money stay in the UK (a question for the Charities Commissiion ?) or does it wander of to help in the "undeveloped" countries i.e., Brooklyn USA

As Someone said "And this Good News off the Donations Methods must be preached throughout the earth and then the end will come"

Or as it might say at Phillipians 1:10 "...that you make sure of the more important things, like how to donate, so that you may be spotless and unblemished..........."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I totally missed this while I was off-line. The link still works!!!!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i just threw up

luv, jojo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if I can get money credited to my credit card by entering a negative donation amount.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I can hear it now!

"Dear brothers and sisters, please beware of the dangers of the internet. It is full of apostate lies that threaten to harm one relationship with Jehovah. However, dont forget to log onto https://www.jwgift.org/ to help promote Jehovah's message financially."

Do as I say not as I do! Do as I say not as I do! Do as I say not as I do! Do as I say not as I do.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Keep in mind that they are chaged a fee for every credit transaction. I wonder how much money they would loose if we all went and donated $0.01 over and over.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Another gem from the archives.

Bangalore

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I was quite 'shocked' when I first saw this (nothing about the WT shocks me anymore though). The WT is clearly touting for donations from 'Worldlies' (as JWs donate at the KH).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit