Do you know any JW's that were Disfellowshipped or Reprooved over 3 times?

by booker-t 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Much like criminals that don't mind being incarcerated a second, or third time many jws don't mind being dfed again, and again.

Hello XQs!

I understand what you are saying, that it is different for life-long JWs, than for those that leave for good. That Dfing doesn't hurt the life-long JWs.

I might agree, but only for what I call 'fake' JWs...ones who don't really believe in the teachings, so they suffer no guilt or pain thinking that Jehovah doesn' hear their prayers in thier DFed state, and things like that. I guess DFing might not hurt them at all.

But true believers suffer. Even true believers who get DFed time and time again. I have seen it.

And I know several people who have been incarcerated several times. It didn't change them and make them stop breaking the law, so in that way it was inneffective. However, it was a painful, unpleasant experience that they did not want to repeat. They do mind going back to jail, they mind very much. Addictions bring them back, however.

DF also does not change some 'weak' JWs so that they stop 'sinning.'

But 'weak' True Believer JWs still suffer each time they are DFed. Maybe worse than the people like my mom! At least she does not see herself as damned to hell cut off from Jehovah with no hope.

To me this just shows that the whole system ineffective AND cruel.

Regards,

-LisaBobeesa

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I heard a brother say "disfellowshiping only test your heart condition. If you love jehovah it will only make you stronger. look at me I was disfellowshiped, and now I am and elder! *jolly chuckle*"

The problem the watchtower has is some of its edicts are so irrational they are untennable. So many people separate the watchtower, from Jehovah. For example they may fornicate (the wts definition) because Jehovah doesn't mind, but they'll never take blood. Now that they want to get married, have kids or their boyfriend or girlfrind left them after they had sex a few months, back to the halls they go to get reinstated because we have Jehovah you see.

I think the "truth believers" or credible JWs are the ones that do get effected, but those are not the people the watchtower wants. They don't want people that will stand for their own priciples or die. Those people are "stiff necked", or unwilling to take counsel. They want maliable, or liquid people that conform to the shape of any mold they are pressed into in.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I hear ya, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

-Lisa

• wednesday
    wednesday

From what I have seen the True believer does get hurt. B/c they feel they are not good enough, they suffer. And getting reinstated does not solve your poblems. people will remember . I have had people tell me about others, "oh and they were DF 20 yrs ago". Once u screw up-u are marked. some lucky ones who are a part of the "in crowd" seem to escape this, they seem to bounce back socially. But the majority suffer. DF is really abusive for the persons trying to get reinstated. Good Gawd, why not hang a scarlet "A" or "F" (fornicater) on them? Really, it comes down to how much they like u. If they didn't like u much anyhow, they are quick to Df and will not forget your sins. If u are poplular, u can screw up any number of times and still be "one of them".

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Really, it comes down to how much they like u. If they didn't like u much anyhow, they are quick to Df and will not forget your sins. If u are poplular, u can screw up any number of times and still be "one of them".

So thats how bush got re-elected!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit