Do you like to get drunk???

by Confucious 48 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    What's interesting is to be the only sober person in a room...depending on my mood, it can be high entertainment to watch them or highly irritating. When you see how stupid everyone gets, then you realize being drunk ain't so great after all.
    I tend to drink less than most people and when I do drink I alternate it with water so the most I get is a little buzz....it is interesting to watch other people though...lol helps me remember WHY I don't like to drink much

Yeah, me too. When I was young, and suddenly out on my own "like a tightly held spring released to quickly," I got drunk all the time. I still feel bad about the way I behaved while drunk those days,.... and that was quite a while ago. I made a lot of really poor choices while drinking, too. I just don't think I'm supposed to drink much...not cut out for it. I alternate a drink with water when I do drink, too. I can't remember how long it has been since I had more than 2 drinks. And I never want to be drunk again. Yuck.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    Do you like to get drunk???

Why No!!!Red Wine

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Every once in a while, it seems like the thing to do. I usually like to 'get mellow' once a week. But, drunk...? Only 4 or 5 times in my life have I ever done that...everytime I can point to the WT causing so much pain, for feeling "I just had to get drunk."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nope, because a lady can get taken advantage of when she's smashed.

I drink maybe once in a year because if just doesn't feel good like it did before I had kids way back once upon a time.

I do like to feel buzzy, warm and silly when I do drink though. Usually a must before I will do my rendition of These Boots Are Made For Walking at karaoke. It's best if people listening are drinking, too. I can't carry a tune not even with a bucket.

• Confucious
    Confucious

4 or 5 American Beers.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I honestly can't be bothered. I have a high threshold (it's a Scot thang), so it's an expensive and time-consuming business.
    Also, I personally object to having to call any kind of porceline object "Huey". IMHO it's a name that should be reserved for helicopters and pop stars.

As for feeling "out of control", well that doesn't bother me too much. Can someone explain to me what feeling "in control" feels like

• SAHS
    SAHS
    4 or 5 American Beers.

Pussy!

?SAHS

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I would lie if I say I don't like the little buzz it gives ... the probleme is that I have no contrôle on alcool I don't know when I should stop before to get on weird side (I guess It's most related to what and how much) but I had very terrible surprises and I do remember 2 black out :

the first one it was after party a bunch of us stayed playing card, we had drink all the night white alcool, beer, Martini ... stuff like that and at the end of the night there was nothing but wine ... Well ... I end up under the table, I have no idea what happen and I still had a botle in my hand ... ...

the second one that made me thinking for good ... in a night club I got offered many drinks - and shared drinks (but all differents kind of alcool) ... Well ... I end up half naked in an unknow guys bed ... (that was the weirdess thing ever) ... the sheets were smelling very good (interesting memory) and I didn't fell like he had abused me or whatever (I was 17) it was all dark and wondered who the guy sleeping next to me was ... his face was on the other side, so I pushe his shoulder and said : Hey ! T'es qui toi ? (Who are you ?) ... he turned on my other side as walking up looking at me smilling and said : Même question ? ... (same question) ... I asked : Qu'est-ce qui c'est passé ? (What happen ?) ... he said : Nothing ... so I said : Yeah I know BUT where are my clothes ? ... he said : Ho don't worry it's just that nobody sleeps in this bed with there clothes one ... the more he was talking to me and the more I got interested in him ... So I ask : And you haven't done anything ? ... he said : Well I was hoping you to wake up ... but you didn't (that was so cool) ... Then ALL OF THE SUDDEN I THOUGHT : WTF I've forgot about ABOUT MY SON ... (my friend and I had a nany for 3 kids - and I didn't know where she was too) ... and it was about 11am when we were supposed to be back at 8 am. When he opened the curtains WOW what a guy !

Right then, he gave a few phone calls to catch my friend Rose, he brought us back home, and he propose us to come back to his home for the kids to enjoy his backyard !!! ... (the kids actually destroyed his office !!! LOL ... he was not even nervous that made him laught more over because one the twine had took off his pamper and spread his shit everywhere ...) and we had all great time together laughing and cleaning and playing home games ...

I've been more than a friend with that guy (he was very nice, very cute, very simple ...) ... but we haven't been able to stay in touch more than almost 3 months (I was moving moving very often at that time - and his job asked him to move a lot too) and a few years later I've heard that he died in a car accident ... I like to remember this guy.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Most Americans have been looking for flu shots, but they are cancelled...doctors,hospital etc say no allocation. A friend sent the following recommended alternative....

Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies. Take your vitamins

and bump up your Vitamin C. Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build

your immune system. Walk for at least an hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs

instead of the elevator, etc. Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a

bottle of antibacterial stuff around. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever

possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR.....

Take the doctor's office approach: When you go for a shot, what do they do first?

Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs.

So......I walk to the liquor store (exercise); I put lime in my Corona (fruit); celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies); drink on the patio (fresh air); get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit