Do you like to get drunk???

by Confucious 48 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    What's interesting is to be the only sober person in a room...depending on my mood, it can be high entertainment to watch them or highly irritating. When you see how stupid everyone gets, then you realize being drunk ain't so great after all.

I agree. And, depending on my mood, it can be the most boring thing in the world, sort of like watching grass grow, while the grass is laughing and giggling and falling down or crying.

I did my fair share, and at least one other person;s too. Found I didn't dare drink too much hard liquor or Id get too drunk too fast. Wine made me sick, so I stuck with beer.

A 6-pack wouldn't quite do it. It would take 7 or 8. Nightly. Weekends and holy sht.

And yes, B complex with lots of B6 and B12, along with a couple of tylenol or asprin, and a quart of water or gatorade, is about as effective as you can get on a hangover. Alcohol poisoning (praying to the porcelin altar, and crying out to St. Ralph) is a different matter. Oh Gawd the bed flops and spins!

Unfortunately, I have alcoholism and eventually had to give up all that "fun". Been sober now over 14 years. My alcoholism is genetic, and it IS a disease. My body does not process alcohol normally as a diabetic's body does not process sugar normally. And alcoholism is a progressive disease. I was a high-functioning late-stage major health problems alki when I finally stopped. I couldn't not drink, and I couln't get drunk. I could only get sick.

I still want A drink from time to time. I miss that "AAaaaahhhh" of when you chug that first 1/2-3/4 beer (or half-a-six-pack), it hits your tummy, bounces off your toes and hits the brain. I still want to get drunk from time to time because it can be an excellent pain killer... I have a chronic pain disorder, and nothing works very well on it, I'd just like to have that release. It certainly ain't worth it the next day, though. I know what will happen to me it I start with just one. Damn.

Cheers! and Peace.

Brenda

PS I mean in no way for my post to preach. I only wanted to explain a little about my own drinking.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Confucious, hon,

I know you're going through alot right not. And dealing with depression.

Depression can lead to alcohol abuse. It seams to ease the world and the depression. But alcohol IS A DEPRESSANT and can aggrivate your depression and the issues you are trying to deal with right now. Just a caution to be aware of how much and when you are drinking. A little now and then is fine. Alot now and then isn't. Daily drinking of any amount is not healthy either.

Hugs

Brenda

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How about Kava Kava has anybody tried that? They say if you drink really good Kava that is prepare right that you should not drive. The mind is suppose to be very clear and calm. I think that would be better that getting drunk.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_journal14.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_info1.shtml

PRIMARY EFFECTS: Small amounts produce euphoria; larger amounts produce
    extreme relaxation, lethargy or lower limbs and eventually sleep. It does
    not impair mental alertness. Often there are visual and auditory
    hallucinations (cool), lasting 2-3 hours with no hangover. Kava is similar
    to marijuana (neat) as effects are not noticed when used for the first
    several times. As a narcotic, Kava later produces numbing of the mouth,
    similar to cocaine.

PREPARATION
    -----------

The part of the kava plant just below the surface of the ground reaches
    3-5 inches thich in 2 1/2-4 years. After 6 years, the root will weigh
    as much as 20 pounds, after 20 years, 100 pounds. After harvesting, the
    rootstocks are scraped, cut into pieces, and dried in the sun on platforms.

Traditionally, the root was made into tea. With the water-soluable
    components released, it acted as a mild stimulating tonic. If the material
    is first chewed, then spit in a bowl and mixed with coconut milk, more
    powerful narcotic-type resins are released in emulsion. For maximum effects,
    mix 1 ounce Kava with 10 ounces of water (preferably coconut milk), two
    tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil, and 1 tablespoon lecithin. Blend until
    the liquid takes on a milky appearance. Serves 1-2 people

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Walter:

I can't remember the last time I was drunk.

Maybe you were too drunk to remember!

Big Tex mentioned Cancun and Tequila. CJ and I were down a few years ago in all inclusive resort. After day 2 when the bartender saw us approaching the bar, he'd automatically pour us each 2 shots. Then we'd go for breakfast.

Anybody remember Pepe Lopez's Two Fingers Silver and Gold Tequila. So smooth you could sip it like Scotch.

• shera
    shera

I enjoy a few drinks,every so often,but I hate getting drunk! The last time I drank tho,I did have a few too many and acccck!

I like to get tipsy!

• SAHS
    SAHS

?Confucious?:

I'm good at like 4 or 5 beers.
    5 beers. 6 tops.

Are you referring to 12-ounce bottles of beer or 20-ounce pints of beer? That makes a bit of a difference.

I used to love having about six 20-ounce pints of beer in one evening at the old bar, but only on Fridays. A few years ago, I would order the same amount of beer but in the form of two 60-ounce pitchers. (They were brought separately, of course. There?s laws here, eh.) I would only drink that one evening a week, and basically never on weekdays.

I would get, let?s say, feeling fairly good, but not puke. (I must have developed a bit of a tolerance.) The most I ever had at one time was a ?mickey? of whiskey (I think it?s around 12 or 13 ounces), which I did around three or four times when I was in college but never did, or wanted to, since.

I had to stop my drinking because it was starting to be a bit of a problem, and, of course, was being noticed by my folks. (Dad?s an elder. Not a good situation.) Anyway, I can most certainly see where you?re coming from.

?SAHS

• Sassy
    Sassy

I must admit I like to have a drink.. or two or three.. or four.. etc etc etc

my metabolism is that it takes a LOT to get me drunk.. so I rarely have too much.. I feel sorry for those who have a few drinks and are drunk.. and silly in public..

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No I hate it I don't like the tilting out of control feeling I've only been drunk once, in California... which is not to say I don't drink but the only time I drink a lot is if I'm sick then I'll slam 5 or 6 shots of tequila back to back bang bang bang bang!!! Then off too bed!

My wife on the other hand used to be quite the lush! She once slammed 14 shots of Crown Royal over a 2 hour period... pretty good for someone who only weighed about 114 lbs then she punched out another sister and had to be carried to bed!!! lol!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    What's interesting is to be the only sober person in a room...depending on my mood, it can be high entertainment to watch them or highly irritating. When you see how stupid everyone gets, then you realize being drunk ain't so great after all.

No whats interesting is trying to see how many of the young drunk pioneers sisters you can get out of their clothes!... Wait no... ummmm I've never done that and I'm offended that you suggested it!

• Valis
    Valis

I don't drink much hard liquor anymore so getting drunk doesn't happen often. . Just beer and it takes a good amount for that to happen...ask the Brits..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit