Bizarre Assembly Seating

by metatron 41 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I think it is very stupid that they do that. They did it every now and then at our congregation with the ropes. I never cared! I took them off or walked over them because I did not want to sit in front. Hell I was there what more do you want from me. I walked over a rope right infront of a Elder and he asked if I could sit somewhere else. I said no thanks I like it here and sat down and said no more.

The Elders never really liked me because I was out spoken and not afraid of anyone and I spoke my mind all the time. I remember once a Elder wife came up to me knowing I was pissed off at her because her husband marked my soon to be Husband in a Thursday night talk right before our wedding saying I was an unbeliver because I was not baptized(tried and kept trying for 2 years)and they told everyone not to come to our wedding or they will be punished....Well anyway she said to me that she loved me and cared for me I told her to walk away from me...Well she didn't and the I asked her if she was that stupid coming up to me and acting like nothing happened. I said to her to get the Hell away from me before I made a even bigger scene I did that many times to people. Until I realized my-in-laws were right about the JW's (I love my-in-laws I can't say it enough)and I never have gone back.

Back to the ropes (sorry) ......I remember once I was pregnant and tired and HOT it was July when we went I saw everyone sitting next to eachother and I was hell no I took of the rope and sat there because I was HOT uncomfortable and I was not sitting next to anyone not even my husband because he is the one who got me pregnant in the first place. A usher came up to me and said no one is allowed to sit here. I stood up and told the little prick to move me if he wants me to leave that badly. My husband was shocked laughed and I still sat there.

I am so glad I don't go anymore ....just one of the many "MANY" things I am happy about leaving!

Brooke

• Mary
    Mary
    Perhaps it's not a question of smaller attendence but larger stadiums? That is a possibility. And, what is really the big deal with roping off seats?

It can be extremely annoying when there's no real purpose to it. We went to the assembly at the Toronto SkyDome a couple of years ago and there was plenty of room for everyone. Instead, the idiots had it all roped off so we had to crawl over 30 people to get to our frigging seats and we were squished in there like sardines for crissakes. There was no room to budge and it pissed ALOT of people off seeing as there was no reason for them to do this.

If they think they're tricking anyone into believing that the stadium is fuller than what it really is, they should really give their heads a shake. Do they not think we can't see the entire empty sections???

• metatron
    metatron

Again, they are doing this in normal sized Kingdom Halls and regularily sized Assembly Halls.

Many congregations remove entire rows of seats, while they rope off sections with bolted down

chairs in Assembly Halls.

metatron

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    ....Well anyway she said to me that she loved me and cared for me I told her to walk away from me...Well she didn't and the I asked her if she was that stupid coming up to me and acting like nothing happened.

Brooke

LOL! I know who this is! She always acts like "nothing happened"

Also, I forgot all about those dumbass ropes...I can see why you didn't make a good JW. You always said what you thought and felt, and most of the time it was HILARIOUS!!!!

I'm so happy you are here....we can be apostate buddies forever!!!

• TMS
    TMS

logansrun sets our priorities:

"I don't mean to be harsh, but what the hell is the big deal?
    Who said apostates were nit-picky, sheesh!"

loge,

I dunno. This is a nice little issue here that illustrates the high
    control aspect of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This thread has demonstrated several key components of that
    control:

1. Rules are made and enforced that have little or nothing to do
    with Christianity or spirituality.

2. The enforcement of these rules can be rigid, inflexible.

3. Young ministerial servants quickly pick up on the power trip
    mentality of their elder role models.

tms

• cypher50
    cypher50

Um...I have to agree with the people wondering what the big deal is. This is common in larger venues when the attendance won't nearly fill out the place because, yes, they don't want to have to clean the whole place. Just because JWs are involved doesn't mean that suddenly it is a control issue or something...seems that people are overanalyzing a situation whose explanation is much simpler in truth. Yes, the idea that the crowd being together in a large venue instead of being dispersed throughout the place is also valid but considering that this happens in other situations (always happened in school, sometimes even at sparsely attended sporting events), I wouldn't call this something indicative of "Watchtower Thinking" either.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I say it's a good sign. They obviously can't fill these places like they used to. It's a far cry from the day when they had to rent two side by side stadiums to accomodate everyone.

Englishman.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

they removed two rows of seats in our kingdom hall, still it's pretty empty most of the time. only at the circuit overseer's visit the hall is full... gotta make a good impression, ya know.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Um...I have to agree with the people wondering what the big deal is. This is common in larger venues when the attendance won't nearly fill out the place because, yes, they don't want to have to clean the whole place. Just because JWs are involved doesn't mean that suddenly it is a control issue or something...seems that people are overanalyzing a situation whose explanation is much simpler in truth. Yes, the idea that the crowd being together in a large venue instead of being dispersed throughout the place is also valid but considering that this happens in other situations (always happened in school, sometimes even at sparsely attended sporting events), I wouldn't call this something indicative of "Watchtower Thinking" either.

I think the point here was that the original assembly that was mentioned used to be full, and because of dwindling attendance it is now half empty forcing sections to be roped off. You are right that this is a not a large issue, but personally the large issues did not have very much impact on me. It was rather the small issues like this that built up and built up and became a solid case that an organisation as messed up as this one with so many different issues going on could not be controlled by god. Lets keep bringing issues like this out, it may be the straw that breaks the camels back for someone.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's not so much that this is an "apostate" issue as it is funny as hell! It absolutely deserves a place here on this forum because its "uplifting" to see that the numbers are failing its f#cking AWESOME! DEATH TO THE HARLOT! It also gives those of us who are still forced to occasionally attend one of these conventions a way to use "Civil Disobedience" to protest from now on I'm sittin' front row dead center of the roped of area!!!!!!

The only problem I see is when it becomes only too obvious that the majority are packing their bags that?s when the WTBS will trot out the old "the love of the greater number will cool" so the end must be coming soon those few who are left need to REALLY become fanatics... scary stuff isn't it!

Just hope my family is smart enough to get out before that happens...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit