Bizarre Assembly Seating

by metatron 41 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

It could also be a psychological move by the WTS to make the rank and file feel as though the building is more full. Of course it is the same amount of people, but when they are sitting, they don't see all the spaces between everyone. It appears as though they are in a full assembly hall.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I don't mean to be harsh, but what the hell is the big deal?

Who said apostates were nit-picky, sheesh!

B.

• metatron
    metatron

It wasn't 'apostates' complaining, but rather the 'loyal' rank and file AT the assembly. They look at a huge

auditorium and wonder why are we being forced into a smaller area?

More than that, if this is some sort of reaction to poor attendance, it tells you how feeble and pathetic

their response is. They're clueless.

metatron

• logansrun
    logansrun

Look, I'm as "apostate" as anyone here, but I think this issue is kind of dumb (to be honest).

Perhaps it's not a question of smaller attendence but larger stadiums? That is a possibility. And, what is really the big deal with roping off seats? I've attended classes in college where the instructor has encouraged the students to sit towards the front if there are a lot more seats than students. It's psychologically healthier to learn like that. ( Extra! Extra! Just because someone uses a psychological tactic does not mean that they are manipulators, evil, etc.)

I say, choose your battles and complaints with the WT wisely. Otherwise you just appear pedantic.

B.

• JT
    JT

Look, I'm as "apostate" as anyone here, but I think this issue is kind of dumb (to be honest).

Perhaps it's not a question of smaller attendence but larger stadiums? That is a possibility. And, what is really the big deal with roping off seats? I've attended classes in college where the instructor has encouraged the students to sit towards the front if there are a lot more seats than students. It's psychologically healthier to learn like that. ( Extra! Extra! Just because someone uses a psychological tactic does not mean that they are manipulators, evil, etc

########

whileI agree with you that the issue is certainly not like the UN,

the issue of wt attendance merely highlights that one of the selling points is how jw are the worlds fastest growing religion, how that in babylon THE WATERS ARE DRYING UP as a sign to show they lack Jah favor-

in my moms old hall the attendance was so low for the bookstudy that they combined 5 to meet on sat just to get attendance up and have a captive audience to go out in service, while it started out well, soon the elders caught on that ONLY ONE ELDER is needed to conduct and One MS to read- so most of the elders viewed it as a 1 or 2 sat off a month until it was their turn to conduct- they merely asked their YES MEN THE MS to take their bookstudy group out in service-

after while the rank and file got hip to the fact that they were beening embarassed if they left right after instead of going out in service, so after awhile they no longer accepted the IF YOU LOVE JAH YOU WILL STAY AND GO OUT IN SERVICE-

AND ACCording to my mom, some Sat when she drives by the hall it looks like 1 or 2 bookstudies instead of 5 that were combined

but your point is well taken, this is not on the level of "Aposate Late Breaking News"

smile

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

At the local hall they put "reserved" on the last 3 back rows. But it doesn't matter. People come in and take the papers off and sit where they want.

Funny, If you go to a concert or play people want those front seats. They will pay more to sit in the front.

At the halls the opposite occurs. The majority tries to steer away from the front. It shows how much most "love" the meetings.

wannaexit.

• JT
    JT

Funny, If you go to a concert or play people want those front seats. They will pay more to sit in the front.

At the halls the opposite occurs. The majority tries to steer away from the front. It shows how much most "love" the meetings.

wannaexit.

#######

excellent point

• willyloman
    willyloman

At a congo we were in fairly recently, attendance plummeted from about 90 to around 65 in the space of a year or so. Speakers on the platform had always contended with the fact that the first three or four rows were usually empty, but toward the end of our stay it got ridiculous. Speakers referred to it as "the flying wedge." As you were facing the audience, the first five or six rows were completely empty, then the five rows after that had two to four people seated only on the aisles leaving a gaping hole in the middle all the way back to about the 10th row (in a hall with about 15 rows of seats). The last several rows were packed solid. From the stage it appeared as if you were staring into a large 'V" much like the view from the rear of a flock of birds flying south for the winter.

I used to beg the elders to rope off the back three or four rows in order to "push" the congregation forward to fill some of those seats. It was awkward, and a little weird, to address a group of 60 people in a relatively confined space where the nearest person to you was 25 or 30 feet away. But in our hall, the PO was adamant that no seats would be roped off so it never happened.

That's a good point wannaexit made about how this would never happen at a concert... the front seats would fill up first.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember many years ago in Fort Worth Texas at the Tarrant County Convention Center...there were parts of the center they didn't want you to sit in... I would sit in them anyway and they always told me to leave...I never would. I never knew the reason why...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah it is so nice not to have to go to meeting and listen to the BS. I used to hate listening to kids used to teach doctrine,,the reasoning they used opened my eyes to how childish it all was.

The WT is in serious trouble and they(the ones in control) know it,,they can see from the evidence that the internet is effecting the flock. They are afraid of a mass exodus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit