If JW's were to set another "Armaggeddon" date , what would it be? 2030? _?

by booker-t 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was talking to my JW friend the other day and he was telling me that Armaggeddon is right around the corner because of all the things going on in IRAQ and that he feels that Pres.Bush fits into Bible prophecy because he feels that 666 equals George Herbert Bush. I fell on the floor laughing because my friend was serious about it. I said I know the Watchtower is not teaching that bologna and he said no they were not but this is his own interpretation. I told him that Herbert has 7 letters in it and Bush has 4 letters in it so where does he get 666. He said that George has 6 letters and W. is the middle name before Herbert and Bush so all together you have 18 letters 6+6+6 GeorgeWHerbertBush =18 letters. So this is a new one folks that George Bush is the anti-christ or the 666. People can make the Bible say anything that they wish but again what date would the JW's set for the end of the world if they were to set a "new" date?

• hubert
    hubert

2034... Something to do with Noah and the flood..... Something about 120 years... I forgot what it was, but it comes down to we are at 90 years, and 30 more makes 120 which is 2,034. Daaah !!

Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Hubert

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Notice the pattern:

Directly at the end of 1975 (December 15): Note that the most recent previous reference to this was in in 1969 (WT 8/1)

WT 75 12/15 p. 747 Proving Ourselves Worthy to Enter God?s New Order

That global deluge was a punishment from Jehovah God. He had patiently held back from inflicting that punishment for at least 120 years.

Then nothing until 1991 (notice the title):

WT 91 5/15 p. 12 Consider Models of Long-Suffering

Though God could have wiped out the human race as soon as he saw this condition, he decreed that he would bring an end to this situation in 120 years. (Genesis 6:3) This expression of long-suffering allowed time for Noah to have three sons, for them to grow up and get married, and for that family to build the ark for the saving of their souls and for the preservation of animal creation.

Then the rash breaks out (again notice the titles):

WT 9/15 pp. 10-11 Times and Seasons in Jehovah?s Hands

Before the Flood, God fixed a 120-year time limit for the corrupt world that humans and rebellious materialized angels had brought about. (Genesis 6:1-3)

WT 6/1 p. 5 God Is Not Slow Regarding His Promise

We find a similar picture in Noah?s day. Despite the fact that people before the Flood were wicked, God mercifully decided that their time would continue another 120 years. During part of that time, Noah served as "a preacher of righteousness."

WT 8/15 p. 16 Living by Faith in God?s Promises

Consider how God exercised foreknowledge in the days of Noah. Because of the widespread badness that had filled the earth, God determined to bring an end to disobedient humankind. He set a time when he would do this, 120 years into the future. (Genesis 6:3) In setting that specific period, Jehovah took into consideration more than the destruction of the wicked, something that he could do at any time. Jehovah?s timetable also provided for the preservation of the righteous. (Compare Genesis 5:29.) In his wisdom, God foreknew when to assign the work that would lead to that end.

WT 11/1 pp. 9-10 Jehovah Is a God of Long-Suffering

Still, for a limited time, Jehovah showed long-suffering toward mankind. He said: ?My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.? (Genesis 6:3) Those 120 years allowed faithful Noah time to produce a family and?when informed of God?s decree?to build an ark and warn his contemporaries of the coming Flood.

WT 12/15 p. 15 Our Watchfulness Takes On Greater Urgency

In Noah?s day, Jehovah declared: ?My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.? (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring ?the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.?

1914 + 120 years = 2034

The Watchtower won't admit that they are suggesting this but, I ask you, why is it repeated so many times in the last decade??

• Happy Guy :)
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm surprised they don't get the faithful excited about 2014. It's the anniversary of 1914. There ought to be sometime of commemoration--even if it doesn't bring Armageddon. 100 years of lies might be a good starter.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for the clarification, Ezekiel3.

Hubert

• stillajwexelder
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I don't really have anything further to contribute... I just thought it would be fitting for my 666th post to be on this tread.

Country of the Isn't It Ironic Class

• kls
    kls

Kenneson, now you gave them ammo for a new date ,,,,,,,,,,LOL

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

they would down play 2014 as not scripturally significant. Not because it isnt, but because it would remind older JWs still clinging to life how WAY OFF THE 1914 "last days" doctrine was. Sense the 1995 remix I think they will never have a date again. THat really sux because it is our only claim to fame and gives us a purpose unlike today where nothing matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit