Just How Dumb Is the New Brochure?

by metatron 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

Well, consider this quote for 'dumb-itude'

"Over the years, printed literature and convention and assembly programs have repeatedly

alerted us to such dangers as fear of man, sexual immorality, materialism, and other

satanic temptations" (pg. 26)

Who are they talking to? You mean to tell me that their fake 'ministry has declined to the

point that they are reduced to weak attempts at convincing their own publishers?

I guess the C.O. rumors are true: Forget the 'wordly folks, they gotta hold on to their own

flock!

Take a good look at the reading level inferred by this brochure ( examples pg. 22, 23)

Does the 'dumbing down' of this cult ever hit bottom? Would Dr. Seuss help these

people? ("I mean what I said and I said what I meant, a blood transfusion is bad,

one hundred percent!")

I LOVE to see them place such prominence on pictures of the elderly, as this brochure

does on its cover. While I've got some grey hairs myself, I LOVE the thought that

the Watchtower Society is SCREAMING AT ITS YOUNG PEOPLE, "LOOK AT US,

WRINKLED, ALONE, WITHOUT A PENSION! WE GAVE OUR ALL FOR THE 'TRUTH'

AND YOU COULD BE US, SOMEDAY!" Good for you, Watchtower! What response

could possibly show LESS DIVINE WISDOM than holding on to aged codgers WHILE

YOUNG WITNESSES slip out the back door!

Hey, Bethel Lurkers! Take note of how many older Witnesses are now privately saying

"what's the point of the ministry? Why are we trying to get Bible Studies while our young

people are leaving?" On the other hand, please TAKE NO NOTE! Let it all slip away

thru your bony fingers!

The Keep on the Watch brochure also boldly asks the question:

"Do You Take Seriously Warnings From Reputable Sources?"

Sure! Do YOU KNOW ANY? After 120 years of false expectations ( Armageddon

is Soon), why are you reputable?

Will the Society 'wake up'? Will they attempt some reform before they slide away

into irrelevance?

keep on the watch, I guess

metatron

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The future is uncertain, but it certainly suggests a continuing decline for the JWs no matter what. Their current policies guarantee that they will continue to drive away their best and brightest. So it goes. What is left are those with too many attachments (and no alternatives), and the lunatic fringe which will eventually become their majority.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love their attempt in that broshure to prove that the Flood really happened historically.

It pretty much sums up the "dumbing down" attitude.

• metatron
    metatron

I was wondering about their proof of Sodom and Gommorah. They mentioned

"archaeology" and "secular history". Unless I've missed something, where does this

"proof" lie?

metatron

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    I love their attempt in that broshure to prove that the Flood really happened historically.

Leolaia, I don't have access to this brochure. Could you discuss their attempt?

SNG

• bigboi
    bigboi

It's verrrry verrrrry dumb. I have to admit the sister that offered it to me was fine as fuck, though. Claudehavmercy!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Would Dr. Seuss help these

people? ("I mean what I said and I said what I meant, a blood transfusion is bad,

one hundred percent!")

He said:"Try this transfusion, you'll like it a lot"

I said, "No, I couldn't. No, I will Not!"

"Would you try it in a fit?"

"I will not try it, not one little bit!"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You may be interested in these threads:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/80288/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/80321/1.ashx

I have several instalments ready in a series to forewarn potential "interested persons" how the new brochure seeks to deceive them.

As metatron points out and I also mentioned in one of my earlier threads above, this brochure seems slanted as much to the lapsed (the "inactive publisher") as much as the general public.

Cheers, Ozzie

• scholar
    scholar

metatron

There is nothing dumb about the new brochure 'Keep On The Watch' as it provides a most timely reminder that we are living in the last days of this system. The discussion is based on topical subjects which discuss advanced theology and prophecy. What other Christian religion highlights the importance of God's Sovereignty and the reality of the Lord's Kingdom firmly established in 1914. We are truly a blessed and spiritually prosperous people having the honour of declaring the wondrous acts of God by means of this beautiful brochure.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• metatron
    metatron

Which is dumber:

uneducated, window washing Witnesses who study the brochure

or

someone who advertises their supposed education and prostitutes their reasoning

ability to help a unloving, greedy religion?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit