I tried drilling through my hand today!

by Nosferatu 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Hey Vitvin, maybe I should try that? It's cheaper that anti-depressants. Rusty

• Xandria
    Xandria

Well, when I was in Junior High, I had woodshop. I was making the prescribed project a stepping stool. I had to use the mider saw (sp?) to cut a 90 degree cut for the foot of the stool. I am sawing along and all of a sudden I feel this horrible pain in my thumb on the hand that was steadying the piece. Looking down, I see that I had cut the tip length wise, like I was trying to cut the thumb in half, throught the bone, etc. I could see the bone, it was what stopped the saw. I turned so pale that my class mates said my lips turned chalky and the room began to spin.

The teacher had me sit and put my head between my legs and breath. I was ready to pass out, shock was setting in. He was holding my thumb w/ a bandage trying to get it to stop bleeding. Thinking he was helping he told me stories of even worse pain.. when I turned sickly pale.. he stopped. He was terrified I was going to pass out!

I needed a stitch to close the wound. But I got a stitch bandaid, and tons of gauze around my thumb. A hearty pat on the back and my teacher sweating bullets. HE was more panicked than I! If I wasn't in so much pain then, I would have found the behavior humorous. The nurse finally came and never looked happier to see her. She took over. Then a month later another kid in my class did the deed completely.. lost three fingers and had to get them re-attached. I think he was ready to pull his hair out.

X.

• gumby
    gumby

Is it just me and my arse getting older, or do others feel like pukin when they read these stories? Jesus!

LT, ya bastard.......I was talkin bout a cordless drill and starting screws and slipping off the screw and pokin the ol' finger real hard. I';m a man dammit......everything I use has a motor!!!!!

*starts cryin and stuff cuz Little Toe thinks gumbys a sissy*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Yeah, I've done that too, especially when doing guttering.
    You're right, though...
    ...I just aint gonna say about what

The truth of the matter is, it's nigh on impossible to work with tools for any length of time and not experience some kind of pain.

• gumby
    gumby

So......you really don't think I'm a big sissy then?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Is that what I said???

• codeblue
    codeblue

wow Nos, that must have hurt!!!

My ex did the same thing you did.....I had to take him to the emergency room to get stitches!!!

I was at work, at a restaurant....they had ceramic floors (yeah how stupid in a restaurant) Well...they didn't put a "wet floor sign".....and you guessed it I fell...and broke my elbow!!!!!! I had a scream that many will never forget. The tip actually broke and I had to have pins and wires to repair the break....That was a very painful injury

CodeBlue

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh, yeah, electrical stuff....

I'm an electricians daughter, and my dad taught me lots. Especially how wussie it is to change a switch or outlet by turning off the circuit first. He taught me how to do a lot of things hot.

So, we remodel our condo this summer, and I'm changing out all the switches and outlets from beige to white. I come to the last one, in the laundry room, and I just keep getting shocked! Finally, after about the 10th time, I shut off the circuit.

I've also blown chunks out of wire cutters by "forgetting" to turn off the circuit on a dishwasher. The cutters almost hit me in the face! Missed Me - Haw Haw!

Believe it or not, my hair isn't curly. Singed, but not curly.

Zaaap

Brenda

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My first job injury was the most serious, and the damn thing crept up on me. An incompetent manager installed allegedly "ergonomic" desks, and I wondered why my wrists and arms were getting stiffer and stiffer each day. When she saw me wearing wrist supports to work she made me file an injury report.

I was diagnosed with bilateral epicondylitis - tendonitis in all arm joints. I'm still being treated for it and probably will be for the rest of my life: Thanks, Workman's Comp! The quality of the medical care I'm getting is less than superb, though.

And I am now borderline unemployable by anyone else, and I HATE MY JOB.

I also hate the fact that every time I lose my footing or slip on a wet spot on the floor, I have to choose between aggravating my injury or spraining my ankle.

Cheers,

gently f eral

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I was 18 year old security guard in an old nearly abandoned cotton mill, when I got bit on the hand by a black widow *. I didn't have any health insurance and I was too young and dumb to realize work would have had to provide me medical care. I got sick, nearly passed out, spent part of the night braced up against a wall with my hand big and puffy, but I eventually was ok by morning. Told my sarge about it at shift change time, and he just pured gasoline on the area i saw the spider, didn't suggest I go to an emergency room.

*the species of spider, not an African American woman with a dead husband, which would have probably been far more preferable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit