I tried drilling through my hand today!

by Nosferatu 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I tried drilling through my hand today, but it didn't work. I was drilling a hole, and the drill slipped and sliced up my index finger. How come the bigger injuries hurt less? I get a paper cut, and I'm screaming!

Anyway, what's your worst work-related injury?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Eek!

I once knew a quadriplegic with minimal hand and arm movement who accidentally drilled a hole through the center of his hand... he had no idea he did it until he tried to lift his hand up and it wouldn't budge.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Anyway, what's your worst work-related injury?

When I was in college, I worked in a restaurant. I was moving a large, very hot kettle of soup... I tripped and it went all over me from the neck down. I had to instantly take off my jeans to avoid 2nd degree burns.

• target
    target

I don't recall any off hand, but a friend, a roofer, was using a nail gun and nailed his foot to the roof. Right through the middle of his foot.

Target

• vitty
    vitty

I read about someone years ago who had a mental illness, and drilled a few holes in his head. He said it was a medical procedure that his doctors wouldnt perform

He claimed it cured his ilnness?????????????

• gr8peace
    gr8peace

My brother was using a circular saw and hit a knot in the board he was cutting. The saw jumped and cut off two fingers and part of a third. He said there was no pain and very little blood at first. He picked up his fingers and went in the house and wraped his hand tight to put pressure on it and used the other hand to call the police for help. He put his fingers in a plastic bag with ice and sat on his front porch and waited for the police .

The doctors reattached the fingers and other then the fact they are bent a little he has full use of his hand.

gr8peace.....used to be Dyan4help...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Once i was up on a roof and I was leaning against a chimney, resting, when the whole damned thing started to tip over and nearly dragged me off the edge.

It was more of a near-miss than an actual accident, I suppose.

Good one, Nos. Well done. I'm proud of you.

CZAR

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ouch!!

I am glad it has not stopped you posting

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about my sister-in-law whose front-closing bra fell apart at work? She went and got the heavy-duty stapler, didn't bother to remove the bra first, and kapow!

I will leave the rest to your imagination.

• Sassy
    Sassy

OUCH!!!

well my biggest injury was having my little finger inside the 'hinge' part of an open metal trailer door... and my mom shut it (I was 5). nearly sliced it all off...

the tip of my finger was dangling and all the way to the hospital I cried..

why did you do it mommy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit