Passing JW Comments about Halloween

by roybatty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Was it just me or did it seem each year when Halloween rolled around, JWs would always say "boy, seems like more and more people are celibrating Halloween this year" and everyone in the cargroup would nod their heads in agreement. This was soon followed by a discussion how this was sure another sign that Satan was hard at work and that the end of the system was near. Talk about grasping for straws.

Just something I was thinking about earlier today as the kids and I skipped church and put some finishing touches on our scary Halloween decorations.

• Scully
    Scully

We had lousy rainy weather tonight... and only about half the number of kids as last year.

So much for that theory. LOL

Next they'll be saying there is an increase in the vulture population in preparation for the post-Armageddon clean up work. Oh yeah... they've already done that. Silly me.

Love, Scully

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm home alone this year, my partner is gone with her mom on a short trip. So I'm dressed as a witch, as always, and am dispensing my candy to the various and sundry imps and hobgoblins that come to my door. I actually do have more this year than in previous years. I love it, though, and don't feel a need to find some kind of omen in it! Oh it is so delightful to be free!

Sherry

• Special K
    Special K

It was rainy here too, so we only had about half as many visitors.

Didn't dampen my kids spirits though. They seem to have collected twice as much junk food.

Looks like my kids will be "sugar high" until Christmas!

Gotta run.. I have a 9 year old to peel off the wall.LOL

Special K

• wasasister
    wasasister

Weather was clear and dry here. Not too many kids, but they were dressed cute. Each one got a candy treat and a wrapped, new toothbrush. They seemed excited by the extra "perk".

Nice to stay home and not hide out in a pizza parlor as in the past.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

My report: as the youngest is 10 months, me as the doting mom got her a lion suit. I didnt take as many pictures as I wanted, because the model I chose was very HOSTILE, as you can see from the pictures. She and I have colds right now, so we went and visited all our friends, instead of going through the neighborhood I ended up just letting her wear jeans and a vest.

• Jez
    Jez

I must say, our house was the best decorated one on the block! I had so much fun. Weather here was clear, crisp and cold. Perfect. Even my 14 year old went out.

I love this time of year, Halloween marks the end of fall....here comes Christmas!

• Scully
    Scully
    here comes Christmas!

Ain't that the truth! Just before the 6am news on the radio I heard the first Christmas-related advertisements!! LOL

Love, Scully

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I think in the last several years, marketing and halloween have become bigger business than they once were with just candy and pumpkins, and crappy off-the-rack costumes. People seem to have gotten into the decorating more. I blame it more on "Satan's" marketing than on Armageddon's approach. Just like the other holidays have become more and more than what they used to be, because of marketing...

Last night, as expected, we had no one. We ate the snicker all by ourselves!

Yum. Ooohh sugar hangover and headache. Ugh... til next year ;)

Bren

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Next they'll be saying there is an increase in the vulture population in preparation for the post-Armageddon clean up work. Oh yeah... they've already done that. Silly me.

that's my mother's favorite little gem. blech.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit