WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT NOBODY ELSE KNOWS?

by Terry 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I happen to think quite a few intelligent people have cornered the market on certain information.

When you are around other intelligent people you find in talking with them that you are incredibly more well informed about certain subjects than other people are. In fact, you might know things that nobody else knows anything about.

Tell me what it is that you know.

I have some really quirky things I know. But, what do you know that sets you apart?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I know that something like %1 of all books published in the U.K. have Terry Pratchett's name on the cover.

CZAR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I know how long it takes for me to go to the potty.

I know how long it takes for me to shower.

I know why there is a scratch on my car's paint.

I know how often I have to change my cats' litter box.

I know what kind of air filter is in my AC.

I know how many ports are on my router.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I doubt that there is something that i know that somebody, somewhere, sometime doesn't/hasn't also known. Nothing new under the sun, as they say. Or, maybe i'm the panagnostic or panskeptic or pandoubter.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

--------- are we talking within the statutes of limitations here?

-------------Hill

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i know what you did last summer..........

• Terry
    Terry

With certain allowances for hyperbole, I mean actual information; not self-knowledge.

For instance, I know Pi to 100 decimal places by heart. Not useful; but very exclusive.

I know all the notes in all the chords in music and all their inversions. It helps me; but, means nothing to anybody else.

I'm an expert on T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) I've read over 85 books and monographs on him.

I know just about everything there is to know about music composed for movies. Absolutely nobody cares but me.

I know how to memorize long bits of boring information (such a Pi, the Periodic Table of Elements, scriptures, etc.) using an interesting technique that works dandy.

I can hear two seconds of any of the 1,000 Cd's I own and tell you what it is.

All useless as can be; but pretty exclusive.

That is what I'm looking for. Utter nonsense that you are smart about.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I know where my mole is on my body. :grin:

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I know down to the molecular level why ice floats, why muscles cramp and why cyanide works so fast .

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a great mind for trivia. Useless unless I am playing Trivial Pursuit, or Jeopardy. Under pressure, I can't remember a thing, so I wouldn't be any good on Jeopardy. I've thought about it though.

I know everyone's birthday and anniversary, without looking it up. (family and friends)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit