"we're just going to be dead" Dec. 1 2004 Watchtower

by metatron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• koolkeithfl
    koolkeithfl

i'll take option b.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Yep, as long as you die before Armageddon.

So.....what's the point of killing yourself going out in Service, 5 meetings a week, assemblies, study, study, study, if you get a resurrection either way?

I have tried to make that point to several people, unfourtunataly it always falls on deaf ears. But it is the bizaro catch-22 of being a witness. As long as you die not knowing the "truth" (tm) before the GT - according to the Wt you are going to be resurrectued (unless you are Hitler). If you remain alive you will not be judged faithful - if at all - until after the GT passes.

So, what is the point of the ministry? The odds of getting into the new order is better if you never knew the "truth" (tm) and died that if you learn the "truth" (tm) and are eventually judged unfaithful.

• Roddy
    Roddy

- " What if there are some in the Christian congregation who live double lives? ...

Because the WTS is the prime example of double living. I think I don't need to remind anyone of how the WTS says one thing and means another. Or how the WTS assumes to put blame on the membership for anything but will never accept blame for anything it does.

- "One day one of them said to me:'it doesn't matter what we do now because when the new system comes, we're just going to be dead. We're not going to know that we missed anything.' That kind of talk came as wake up call for me. I do not want to be dead when the new system comes"

I think that is a boldfaced lie of a story. I think that's the pretense or excuse for the article. You have to be in WT brainlock not to see the obvious intent. Anyway. What person fed-up with the WT religion will ever admit something like that extreme and unreal belief to anyone, especially an elder? Not unless you are eager to face a kangaroo judicial meeting and disfellowshipping.

I think it has become obvious that the WTS has exhausted every possible way to recycle rewrites of past WT articles and are inventing situations in order to give some excuse to put ink to paper. What a waste of tree life!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Exactly Roddy...

The quote - "One day one of them said to me:'it doesn't matter what we do now because when the new system comes, we're just going to be dead. We're not going to know that we missed anything.'"

...kinda bothered me. I couldn't quite figure it out... but now realize that you hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

No 'active' JW in their right mind would dare utter those words - unless they wanted to be hauled into the 'back room' for a con-fab, and possible expulsion.

Sheesh! Do the JWs really think that is a 'real' case? Also... where do these people come from? the ones that are supposedly 'talking'?

"One day one of them"... (actually - if you read this - it is rude.) WHO is this guy? a Cong Ovrseer? A Circuit Ovrseer? A District Ovrseer? or a normal publisher?

Boy! The more I read this... the more steamed I get... "...one of them..." like he is NOT one of them? They are beneath him? What? (I mental someone looking over the top of his glasses - down at the 'lowly' ones...)

Oh well. They will not 'see' this though, and think of it as 'food at the proper time' - or some such BS.

Regards,

Jim TX

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I agree with Roddy and Jim Tx - this is a made-up story. I think some JWs at least have figured out they can't trust these types of "experiences". Nobody said that, and nobody hikes 20 miles each way through the amazon jungle with their meeting clothes on their heads to go to the theocratic ministry school, either.

Just more guilt trips and threatening, based on lies, damn lies. Guess that sums up most religion, anyway.

• Neo
    Neo

Context, context...

We need that quote's context, met.

Neo

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I remember that always bothering me. It seemed to me everybody that died in past history was getting a "Free Pass" as far as Armeggedon was concerned. When I was told people like Hitler might be resurrected...I thought "Why should God be so hard on us, just because we are living now?"

Of course the answer was always, "Because it's the 'Time of the End' and the 'Good News' will have been preached to everyone"

At the time, I just had real 'faith', now I have real knowledge.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The only ones, according to the "truth" (tm), that will not be resurrected who die before the GT are those that "sinned against the holy spirit." although this group has not been defined, it seems that I remember the Wt referring this to apostates...i.e. those people who no longer are out selling Wts and Awakes.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I agree with Roddy and Jim Tx - this is a made-up story. I think some JWs at least have figured out they can't trust these types of "experiences". Nobody said that, and nobody hikes 20 miles each way through the amazon jungle with their meeting clothes on their heads to go to the theocratic ministry school, either.

I agree. This is a made up story. The WT has a long history of faking stories to get a point across. In the early 1970's I was "blessed" with the privilege of taking part in the experience's part at a DA. I was amazed when we were handed a SCRIPT.We were told that these were real experience's...Just not ours.I felt a little uncomfortable even back then about doing it but the FDS was regarded as talking for god.They needed to make a point and what better way to do it!!

POZ.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol @ koolkeithfl and welcome to the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit