"we're just going to be dead" Dec. 1 2004 Watchtower

by metatron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The latest Watchtower carries a warning (pg16)

" What if there are some in the Christian congregation who live double lives? ...

"One day one of them said to me:'it doesn't matter what we do now because when the

new system comes, we're just going to be dead. We're not going to know that we missed

anything.' That kind of talk came as wake up call for me. I do not want to be dead when the

new system comes"

Don't ever let these lying propagandists tell you they serve God "because of love".

The sad quote above is their feeble attempt to motivate young Witnesses away from

the continuing exodus of youth out of the organization. Don't ever believe what they say

about Witnesses being the "happiest people" on earth, either Exactly how is such joy

possible when even young people, full of energy and life, are driven by such a deadening

view of existence? Obey and peddle magazines, disobey and die - Keep these comments

in mind next time you encounter a family court judge reasoning on the negative strictures

of Witness life for kids.

The rest of this issue faithfully follows the sterile path of Watchtower instruction - a life

experience by an elderly person about Nazis, another 'fiddling-while-Rome-burns"

study article ( Alcohol!) and plenty of self praise for all the Watchtower's glorious achievements.

Don't regret drifting away. They may fade away - but never really change.

metatron

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

What amazes me is that they think that somehow these words will stop those many JWs who are living double lives. It has been going on for a long time. Many of them live double lives because their are afraid if they leave their friends and family will be cut off. Many others live the JW double life so they can use the strictness of the cults tenets to control there wives and kids. A few useless words and an idle threat isn't going to change that.

It's all lip service from the WT and that's all it's ever been from them.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's all garbage the reality is that were ALL just going to be dead one day and spending 20 million hours in field service and placing 250 watchtowers a minute isn't going to keep you alive one MINUTE longer it's just going to make your 70 or 80 years miserable!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom when I was a rebellious teenager. She told me if I didn't mend my evil ways I would die at Armeggedon. I said well I would rather do what I want anyway because I could just commit suicide if Armeggedon was happening and then I would be just dead anyway so it wouldn't really matter. Whats more, I told her, I don't want to live in that new order anyway!

OH NO, she said, Jehoober won't let you commit suicide at Armeggedon. He is going to kill you and he is going to make sure you know he is killing you because apostates will suffer a horrible death.

Nice, huh? Good reason to keep faithful.

Sherry

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

actually I popped that one on my mom not too long ago ya know the "wages of sin is death" so if you die before armegedon you get a free pass right? this is the scenario I presented

person A is a pioneer goes out in service all the time all the meetings keeps nose clean has no fun has guilt load up the butt all the time blah blah blah never saves for retirement never travels or takes vacations anytime vacation comes up he goes to "where the need is greater" you know the type... lives to be 80 dies while scrubbing someones toilet because he has no money after spending life being a witless... "He died doing what he loves... being an asshole!"

person B is a materialistic slut monger, parties constantly drinks incenently lives loves loses has lots of fun dies of sexual exhaustion in a whore house in New Orleans at age 65

person C is a normal person loves family goes to college has good job saves for future lives loves wins has huge extended family that comes to see them offten retires at 55 travels the world with partner lives to ripe old age of 80 then dies surrounded by family and friends

in the new world which of these three is the ultimate loser? all are resurected as wages of sin are death so at death all sins are wiped clear?

basicly what I told her was it was a cosmic crap shoot all you had to do to GUARNTEE a win was die before god could kill ya and you where automaticly in or you could TRY to be good and live through armegedon and you had a slim chance that god would judge you good and let you in... I'm taking my chances on option C

• jgnat
    jgnat

What if there are some in the Christian congregation who live double lives? ... "One day one of them said to me:'it doesn't matter what we do now because when the new system comes, we're just going to be dead. We're not going to know that we missed anything.' That kind of talk came as wake up call for me. I do not want to be dead when the new system comes"

You know what burns me up about statements like these? Sincere, first-generation JW wannabes like my hubby will eat it up, believing every word. He will torture himself for months for not doing enough.

• boa
    boa

mkr32208, that was a great post! I enjoyed your reasoning and if we're picking letters, I choose B:

person B is a materialistic slut monger, parties constantly drinks incenently lives loves loses has lots of fun dies of sexual exhaustion in a whore house in New Orleans at age 65

LMAO!

boa....

• Valis
    Valis

while they stumble into a Kingdom Hall during Mardi Gras AND Armageddon...or Barmageddon for all intents and porpoises...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yeah I've used this argument with JW's as well. But they just don't see it.

Also that according to their teachings when a person dies now, before Armageddon, they have paid for their sins. So when they are resurrected they will have no sin. Yet the JW who survives Armageddon will still have sin, so still imperfect. So who in Gods eyes will look the better a sinless person or one who still has sin.

• Mary
    Mary
    OH NO, she said, Jehoober won't let you commit suicide at Armeggedon. He is going to kill you and he is going to make sure you know he is killing you because apostates will suffer a horrible death.

Good lord............maybe she should just start worshipping Don Corleone instead........

I posed this question to my father not that long ago. My grandma died a couple of years ago; she was a faithful Dub from the late 1930s on (she was baptized in 1936 so she jes' missed out on heavenly life by the hairs of their chinny-chin-chin). So of course at the Memorial service, the brother talked about how she had "made a good name with Jehovah" and for all her faithful years as a Witness so she's basically guaranteed a resurection.

I said to my father one day "well what about Mrs. Brown, who's been a faithful Catholic for the last 60 years.....she died last week. Will she get a resurrection too?

Yes of course she will.

So basically, it doesn't matter what religion you are, you'll get a resurrection into a paradise earth?

Yep, as long as you die before Armageddon.

So.....what's the point of killing yourself going out in Service, 5 meetings a week, assemblies, study, study, study, if you get a resurrection either way?

No answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit