WT CD to be released annually

by ezekiel3 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Announced at Service Meetings this week: the WT CD (the digital repository of WTS publications) will be released every year.

Previously the WT CD was released every two years.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Guess it would be too much to ask or too much of a technical challenge for them to just allow upgrades of the latest volumes over the internet.

Or is the real reason that such an option would cut into their revenue....

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I wonder if the previous one will automatically self-destruct once the new one is issued?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Now all JWs can have stacks of WT CDs to sit on that bowing shelf, right next to those stacks of extra Watchtowers & Awakes that never got placed out in service. Can't have too many copies, and can't throw them out! What would Jehovah think if you just tossed his important message in the garbage, let alone a CD full of messages from him?

• toreador
    toreador

I wonder how long it will be before we can download our latest gift online.

• gumby
    gumby
    What would Jehovah think if you just tossed his important message in the garbage, let alone a CD full of messages from him?

I'm still wonder'in if he'd get pissed if you used the blank pages in the back of the NWT to roll joints with. There like perfect for that when yer outta zig zags.

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Maybe if you rolled the joints from that green bible, or the separate volumes. Those bibles (or pieces of it) are full of old light. Roll 'em and give 'em some new light!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Did they indicate that the bound volumes would be discoutinued?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd better get my eyes checked, I though you said WT CD to be released anally.

• FairMind
    FairMind

This change should enable the WTS to drastically reduce expenses. Most households in the developed nations have PCs and will be able to use the CDs and discontinue receiving the annual bound volumes. It is a whole lot cheaper to create a CD as opposed to an ink and paper bound volume. Since many people falsely perceive that a CD cost more to make than a bound volume, I imagine that voluntary donations for each CD will be greater than that for the paper bound volumes (a plus for the WTS).

It is my opinion that paper bound volumes will not be discontinued as there are some who do not have PCs. Internet upgrades? This could happen but I doubt it unless a firm mechanism to generate contributions for the upgrades is put in place.

FM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit