Why did Jehovah act more in ancient times than he does now?

by truthseeker 30 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

In ancient times...

Jehovah punished Adam and Eve for their disobedience

Posted angelic guards around the entrance to Eden

Cursed Cain

Transferred Enoch

Got Noah to build an ark

Closed the ark door

Made it rain 40 days and 40 nights

Destroyed an ancient world

Confused the langauges at Babel

Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

Punished Egypt with 10 plagues

Lead his people across the parted waters of the Red Sea

Defeats various pagan nations using supernatural powers

Established a system of prophets, then judges and eventually kings to rule Israel

Allowed the Babylonians to destroy Israel in 586BC

Used Jonah to warn the non-Israelite City of Nineveh to repent or else face death

Caused the birth of Christ

And was last heard to utter the following: "I both glorified it and will glorify it again." - John 12:27

Caused Holy Spirit at Pentecost 33AD to allow believers to speak in tounges, peform miracles and expel demons

Executed King Herod because he allowed his audience to believe he had the voice of a God

Executed Annanias and Saphira for lying about the amount of money they got from the proceeds of a sale

Caused Jerusalem to be destroyed in 70AD by the Roman Armies

Gave John a Revelation, a preview of the "Lord's Day."

Acts of Jehovah in modern times

------------------------------------------------

1914 - 1918 World War I - Millions dead - NO INTERVENTION

1917 - Bolsheviek Revolution - NO INTERVENTION

1918 - Spanish Influenza kills 20 million - NO INTERVENTION

1933 - Jewish persecution begins in Nazi Germany, followed by the Holocaust - NO INTERVENTION

1939 - World War II begins - NO INTERVENTION

1945 - World War II ends, 50 million + dead, 6,000,000 Jews slaughtered, among others - NO INTERVENTION

1945 - First Atomic bombs dropped on Japan, killing 100,000 - NO INTERVENTION

1950-1955 Korean War - NO INTERVENTION

1960s - 1970s Vietnam War - NO INTERVENTION

1970s Millions die in Cambodia - NO INTERVENTION

1960s - 1990s - Thousands die in Northern Ireland - NO INTERVENTION

1982 - Argentina and Britain - hundreds die - NO INTERVENTION

1980s - Thousands of Ethiopians dying of hunger - NO INTERVENTION

1980s AIDS becomes a global menace - NO INTERVENTION

1980 - 1988 Iran, Iraq war - 100,000s die - NO INTERVENTION

1960s - 2000s Guerilla warfare in Colombia - NO INTERVENTION

1994 - Rwanda genocide - almost 1 million die - NO INTERVENTION

1990s - Genocide and war in Yugoslavia - NO INTERVENTION

2000s - AIDS epidemic in Africa - NO INTERVENTION

9/11/2001 - Terrorist attacks on World Trade Centre, killing over 3,500 - NO INTERVENTION

2001 - Afghanistan - thousands die, inc. many civilians - NO INTERVENTION

2003 - Present America attacks Iraq, thousands dead, inc. many civilians - NO INTERVENTION

2004 - Sudan - almost 100,000 die because of genocide, starvation - NO INTERVENTION

Maybe I've missed a few things out.

Acts of Jehovah in modern times on behalf of his people

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the last 50 years or more, many thousands of Jehovah's Witness children were sexually abused - NO INTERVENTION

Many children and adults died from refusing blood transfusions - NO INTERVENTION

Pedophiles are a hidden menace in the congregations - NO INTERVENTION

Whole Jehovah's Witness families are wiped out by their parents - NO INTERVENTION

Wrongdul disfellowshippings and labelling people apostate - NO INTERVENTION

False prophecies and false doctrine - NO INTERVENTION

The Society replacing Jesus Christ with themselves as Mediator - NO INTERVENTION

I don't understand why Jehovah has thus far, put himself in exile from human kind. Jehovah acted more in ancient times, even against and for people who were not part of the Nation of Israel.

As I contemplate millions of Jehovah's Witnesses on their "special campaign" (TM), trying to find readers of their brochure, "Keep On The Watch," I can't help but think how hollow it all is.

Why, just 13 years ago I was offering the tract, "Will This World Survive" to householders, telling them how urgent world conditions are.

Just 9 years ago, I was offering Kingdom News No 35, "Will All People Ever Love One Another" to householders, telling them how urgent world conditions are.

Just 4 years ago I was offering Kingdom News, "The Millenium - What Does The Future Hold" to householders, telling them how urgent world conditions are.

To be honest, things have got worse in the world. Terrorism has raised its ugly head and threatens all of us, in ways we cannot grasp. Pollution, deforestation and crime have increased. Moral values have declined.

But, nothing comes remotely close to the slaughter of 6,000,000 Jews, inc. women and children, who were gassed, burnt and shot. Nothing comes close to the concentration camps they endured, the beatings, malnutrtion and ugly experiments performed on them by the Nazis. We have not had another war which claimed 50,000,000 lives. And despite the enormous stockpiles of nuclear weapons in the world, we have never had another Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which wiped out the lives of 100,000 people in seconds.

If ever there was a time to act in recent history, it was certainly during the Second World War.

So when the Witnesses tell you how "soon" Jehovah will act, remind them, that the world was acutally worse in different ways during the Seocnd World War, than it is today.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Apparently the old prophets were already asking the same question. E.g. Habakkuk:

O LORD, I have heard of your renown,
    and I stand in awe, O LORD, of your work.
    In our own time revive it;
    in our own time make it known;
    in wrath may you remember mercy.

Or the Third Isaiah:

O that you would tear open the heavens and come down,
    so that the mountains would quake at your presence
    --
    as when fire kindles brushwood
    and the fire causes water to boil--
    to make your name known to your adversaries,
    so that the nations might tremble at your presence!
    When you did awesome deeds that we did not expect,
    you came down, the mountains quaked at your presence.

This is a common motive in a number of Psalms too.

Miracles are always in the distant past...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Narkisoss, how true your words are.

"Miracles are always in the distant path."

I would cringe when I would watch demonstrations on the platform, and the witness mentioned the scripture, "Just a LITTLE WHILE, and the wicked one will be no more."

I mean, they causally use this scripture all the time, yet it doesn't click that this scripture was written more than 3,500 years ago, and probably the author was just dreaming about "a little while."

• franklin J
    franklin J

who says he did?

do not believe everything you read....

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Good Gawd...didn't you people learn anything by being associated with the TRUTH??

HE (BIG DADDY) is ignoring all the crap that's going on down here because HE is fully involved in a public relations campaign to vindicate HIS name. HE turned the keys to the earth over to his kid, who is kinder and gentler and feels mankind needs more time to straighten things out before his DAD intervenes. Meanwhile, up in heaven HE (BIG DADDY) is beating HIS head against a stone cloud trying to get those stooopid angels to realize the Prince o' Darkness is a big fat vain idiot who thinks all the songs are about him. It's all very complicated that's why you need the help of BIG DADDY's earthly marketing department...The WTBS, INC.

Thank you. It's been a pleasure sharing this message with you...whaddya think?...maybe I can count a half hour here?

-BONEZZ

• Navigator
    Navigator

As Franklin J says, "don't believe everything you read". Jehovah has never had anything to do with this world. This world is our deal and we have made it what it is. As the Hindus say, it is all "maya"-Illusion.

• minimus
    minimus

He's resting.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

now that you guys mention it I have not seen the "big guy" around lately.......... and he owes me money....

----Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    HE (BIG DADDY) is ignoring all the crap that's going on down here because HE is fully involved in a public relations campaign to vindicate HIS name. HE turned the keys to the earth over to his kid, who is kinder and gentler and feels mankind needs more time to straighten things out before his DAD intervenes. Meanwhile, up in heaven HE (BIG DADDY) is beating HIS head against a stone cloud trying to get those stooopid angels to realize the Prince o' Darkness is a big fat vain idiot who thinks all the songs are about him. It's all very complicated that's why you need the help of BIG DADDY's earthly marketing department...The WTBS, INC.

Thank you. It's been a pleasure sharing this message with you...whaddya think?...maybe I can count a half hour here?

hehehehe-- I you worked for the "writing" commitee I'd still be "in"....................

-------------Hill

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Bonezz - Gosh, golly gee whiz, I think you may have stumbled onto something.

-Bren

PS Jah is a myth and shit happens....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit