Do any of you ex-jws find anything wrong with Born-Again Christianity?

by booker-t 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

After being a JW, I think I'd be more sensitive about wrongdoing in any church I attended.

That being said, however, I realize that one church or one individual does not represent the whole religion. Sometimes I feel some ex-JWs feel that way about JWs, because of a minority of people they encountered. Just because a priest/pastor/rabbi commits a sin, it doesn't mean the whole religion is bad, anymore than a dishonest store manager at a Sears Department Store makes all Sears stores dishonest.

That's not to say that the religions don't conspire to cover things up, or that the religion itself doesn't provide an environment for certain problems to foster. But it is still people that commit the sins and disobey the religion to do so. So it isn't entirely the religion's fault if it teaches that sin-X is wrong and somebody goes and commits sin-X.

Religions have their problems and I tend to stay away from them in general. Some people need that fellowship, however. If they can find something they're comfortable with, more power to them.

• booker-t
    booker-t

Mulan thanks for your comment. I always love your responses because you never sugar-coat things. I see many ex-jws that are now born-agains defending and closing a blind eye to whatever christianity comes out with. I think they are so angry at the WTS that Born-Again Christianity can do no wrong to them. But you always honestly admit that christians have flaws just like jws. I appreciate your honesty because I feel the same way you do in many of your comments.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

They are worse than JW's to me, thinking they have an inside track to god and that if you don't agree with them, you are condemned to hell.

Disgusting.

I don't apologize for my feelings either.

Worse than JWs because they think they have the inside track to God? Just what do you think JWs and the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses think?

If you don't agree with the WT publications then not only are you doomed to die an unspeakably horrible death at Armageddon but you are shunned by your peers and your own family daily. If a JW sodomizes a child but still continues to tout the WT publications he is allowed to remain but the child who is sodomized is ostrasized and treated like the diseased individual because their faith has been shaken by the abuse and elders interrogations. I wonder do the Born Again Christians do that too?

• freedom96
    freedom96

One of the services I went to from a non-denominational church taught, that if it isn't in the bible, run. Pure and simple.

I don't see myself belonging to any organized religion again, but to each their own. If one wants to go, great.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah ishtrue, the pentles think they are on the one track. But they have a lot more fun than the dubs. They actually try to recreate that pentacoshtal ecshperience. That beats the wt, hanbsdown. Just avoid all those radio an tv qwacks.

S drunk on the spirit

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Do any of you ex-jws find anything wrong with Born-Again Christianity?

Only that it not true.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan thanks for your comment. I always love your responses because you never sugar-coat things. I see many ex-jws that are now born-agains defending and closing a blind eye to whatever christianity comes out with. I think they are so angry at the WTS that Born-Again Christianity can do no wrong to them. But you always honestly admit that christians have flaws just like jws. I appreciate your honesty because I feel the same way you do in many of your comments.

Why, thank you. What you see is what you get with me. Dave always says you don't have to wonder what I think because I'll tell you.

• Triple A
    Triple A

If your question is about the church in general. In the denomination of churches that I attend there is a structure for address questions of belief that they hold to. If you believe that the teaching is unbiblical, you take it to the elders. If they can not satisfy it than you take it to the classes Classes is a group of churches attended by the pastor and one elder from each church in a small geographical area (usually about 20 churches). If you still are not satisfied you take it to senit. Senit is a pastor from each classes and an elder. If they still can not not satisfy you, you can stay or leave. I have never heard of anyone being disfellowshiped for questioning the denominations beliefs.

If it is an individual that sins, we first go to them an address it. If they still continue we take another with us and than we take it to the body of elders.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Sorry mispelled Synod in my last post.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Isn't that freak Jimmy Swaggart a Born Again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit