Creation or Evolution?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I guess I'll always believe in God and his creation no matter what.

How about you, which side do you lean on...Creation or Evolution?

• Mutz
    Mutz

Evolution. It makes sense.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Both.
    They are not mutually exclusive.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I believe that a higher power/force a.k.a. God created the universe.

I believe that life forms on Earth have evolved over millions of years.

I believe God may or may not have intervened in evolution as it occured.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'm with LT and Happy Guy.

I believe "god" set the big bang with intent, then allowed it to continue. maybe with a helping hand, maybe not.

Once the earth had cooled "god" may have then begun life like plants, birds, fish, animals, humans. or it may have been in the original recipe.

I also don't believe we are the only living planet in the universe.

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I guess I'll always believe in God and his creation no matter what.

That's ok, JH, I won't hold it against you

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

why cant evolution be a process of creation?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

consider:

if we survive another say million years without returning to the stone age several times inbetween, the techological advancements we are capable of achieving.

perhaps meeting others out there and joining with them, we may infact find that one day we may become the GOD via a BORG unity that many believe responsible for making this realm....what then? we reach point OMEGA.... but point OMEGA would seem to be close to, if not identicle to point ALPHA were we believe it all began... so what to do? faced with the possibilities of an ever expanding universe ending in heat death vs pulling it all back together again, our melded combine may be the X factor that science has not be able to quantify to explain how the universe could open and close again....perhaps it was we, who set in motion this realm in the first place and gave it some sort of encoding on a quantum level which would insure that we would arise once again to be able to continue doing it.....evolution to creation to evolution etc.etc. etc.

• target
    target

I'm with LT, Happy Guy and Brenda.

Of course, having not been there at the time, it is still only guessing.

Right On Target

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't have the sligest idea how it all started, everything is a mystery. No one can explain how God or anything else come into existence or how it will all end. I do expect I, and everyone I know will die within about 100 years and what happens then is still a mystery.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit