How much would you say the average JW donates in $$$ ?????

by run dont walk 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• toreador
    toreador
    During the 35 years I was associated I probably did not contribute in total more than $500. This amount does not include the money I spent when we had to pay for our lit. If we did a survey of those on the board I am sure that there were many like me.

May be that is why I am not missed...

I would concur, we never contributed much either. My wife pressured me to contribute or it would have been even less.

we at most contributed 40 bucks a month in all.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    We only donated like $50/mo.

50 x 12 = $600 / year

very realistic I think !!!!!!!

$600 x 6,000,000 = 3.6 billion $$$$$$$$

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    About a million bucks a year. And we have only 500 members!

I bet the Watchtower is jealous, wow, that is impressive, and I say you're right, the numbers are a bit low.

We probaly spend (depending on kids) from $6,000 - $20,000 just on groceries and dining out a year.

Heck probaly $5,000 a year on gas and car insurance maybe more.

I think the donations are a bit higher then what people are suggesting.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

@run dont walk: no realism at all... you seem to have skipped the other posts?

i didn't donate more than $10 bucks in all my life growing up as a dub.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    i didn't donate more than $10 bucks in all my life growing up as a dub.

I was the same, ok maybe $20

but I saw my dad always put $20 a week minimum (thursday night), and my brother (elder) the same.

all familys and people are different, as are the countries, I would expect most of the donations would come from the USA, UK, Canada, South America (Brazil). Where as poorer countries would be lower, but so would the expenses.

And remember that 6,000,000 number would reflect publishers, not kids.

but the suggestion of $20 or less a month (on average) I think is ridiculous, no way the watchtower would survive.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

no way the watchtower would survive.

well, that's what prince, charles bronson and the williams sisters are good for.

• toreador
    toreador

Charles Bronson was never a jw? Was he???? I knew about the others.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

RDW,

Keep in mind that if a family contributes $50 per month, the contribution is from the family, not each individual publisher. So you would have to divide the contribution by the number of family members. I could count on my hand the number of families that consistently contributed a set amount. And since most of the growth is coming from third-world countries many of these publishers don't earn 50 per month, let alone be able to contribute that amount.

I'll guess that the bulk of the total funds coming into the society comes from estates. If that assumption is correct, that has to worry the society. The bulk of die-hard witnesses that are willing to turn over their estates to the society have already died.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

charles bronson
    oops... i ment george benson. but the demon inside me wrote "charles bronson" instead...

• Zuko
    Zuko

After reading this thread I couldn't help but remember what a elder said to me once during a study. I remember it because I thought it was very odd for him to say it. Apperantly there was a convention in Washington DC and JDubs did not make a good impression on the city because they put it on as cheap as possible, but anyways he said after they left the issue came up in congress and there is a quote in the congressional record that says

"When the Jehovahs Witnesses came to town they broke neither the ten commandments nor a ten dollar bill"

I thought that was a great quote. I wonder if it is true? We were talking about donations at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit