What Makes You Feel Loved?

by Corvin 33 Replies latest social relationships

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:

When my sweetie grabs me in the nut sack and says......"God I love you!"..that does it for me.

I remember halcyon days similar to that...
    ..actually I'm lying and feeling incredibly jealous.
    These days I'd settle for a good hug

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Having my wife's cold feet stuck in the middle of my back just as I am falling asleep !!!

Seriously now, for me it's all the daft little things... getting an email saying "I miss you"; being in the same room, and having to be in physical contact in some little way; waking up like 'spoons'

A good old sh*g doesn't go amiss, either !!

Bull!

• gumby
    gumby
    actually I'm lying and feeling incredibly jealous.

Well....if it makes you feel any better my good friend, she's never really grabbed my nutsack while she said it. I was lying too.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Thanks pal. It doesn't matter if that's the truth now or not, I feel a lot better

• shotgun
    shotgun

Don't feel bad LT and Gumby...I know for a fact that Gumby's wife wanted to do that but just couldn't find the little fellas.

What makes you feel loved?

I was in a park one summer day with my daughter, the sun was shining, there was a slight breeeze blowing and you could smell the flowers which were blooming. All of this with the sound of children in the background. As I closed my eyes to let it all sink in I felt something on my leg, you guessed it...someone's ugly mutt was humping my leg in front of all the children. He looked up and our eyes locked, then I kicked him off but for a brief intense moment there was real love there. The kind of love you don't experience everyday...unless that's your dog of course.

• franklin J
    franklin J

...my wonderful wife of 18 years smiling patiently at me ( like she has OTHER ideas...)

...my lovely 13 year old daughter telling me that I am ruining her life because I will not allow her to attend a "boy-girl" party where there is no adult supervision

...my handsome, frisky 10 year old boy telling me that he hates me because I ground him for a week ( what do you expect when you lie to your teacher - and your parents --about doing your homework)

...my sweet 5 year old Caroline, who still thinks that I am great, who runs to me with open arms every nite ( surpassed only by the dog who will hip check her to get there first), and hugs and kisses me and tells me she loves me....THIS MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE...

• shotgun
    shotgun

Franklin

...my sweet 5 year old Caroline, who still thinks that I am great, who runs to me with open arms every nite ( surpassed only by the dog who will hip check her to get there first), and hugs and kisses me and tells me she loves me....THIS MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE...

Yup same sentiments about my own daughter, and what did I tell ya about those damn dogs.

• Xena
    Xena

When my daughter curls up next to me with a little sigh and snuggle.

When I find something she has drawn or written with an "I love my mom"....I keep all those

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

What does it take in order for you to feel absolutely loved by your significant other?

For me it's true that the glances, touches and tone and substance of dialogue are nice but the thing that is most significant is knowing that my partner is being thoughtful and considerate of me when I am not in her prescence. For example: Knowing that, in my absence, my partner is thinking of me and including me in her plans shows me more than anything else that I am absolutley loved and appreciated. It's moments like getting that phone call at work just to say a quick "Hello, I miss you and I'm thinking of you." or receiving an email invitation at work for a "dinner and a movie date" (romantic efforts).

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

that special little something. a rose on your pillow. a nice smile. a sweet hello. I love you. notes in your lunch box.a flower for each anniversary.a special word of praise.a compliment.appreciation for ones hard work around the house and in life in general.waving goodbye when you drive down the street and honking the horn.a phone call to say you care. etc etc etc. it goes on and on and on.there's so much in life to make you feel loved it truly is a wonderful thing. From friends,boyfriends,girlfriends,people,pets.Love is good. panther

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit