What Makes You Feel Loved?

by Corvin 33 Replies latest social relationships

• Corvin
    Corvin

What does it take in order for you to feel absolutely loved by your significant other?

Do they have to look at you a certain way?

Do they have to talk to you in a certain tone?

Do they have to touch you in a certain way?

Do they have to DO something specifically that evokes a loving response?

Think about it.

Corvin

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Think about it.

LOL ... Corvin, is it an order !

Do they have to look at you a certain way?not really each one his own way ...

Do they have to talk to you in a certain tone?not really each one his own way ...

Do they have to touch you in a certain way?not really each one his own way ...

Do they have to DO something specifically that evokes a loving response?definitly !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Corinne:

That was my initial reaction, too - LOL.

I agree to all your replies. It can be one or all of those things, a single glance or word, even the clearing of a throat that's been congested by "the moment". But best of all is in a sincere hug

• Sassy
    Sassy

to me, if you really love someone, you remember to put them and their needs first, before your own.. so to really feel loved, if someone treated me that way, as if they wanted for me more than for themself (and I should respond the same way) then I would know there is love.

also no lies, no stories or fabrications..

• Corvin
    Corvin

LOL, sorry. It was not an order, but simply enthusiastic supplication.

It's just that when the idea was first presented to me, I did have to think about it. The very idea that there were specific things my significant other unconsciously did or said to elicit a loving response in me was interesting and helped me to understand my own "love strategies" as it were. The conclusion I came to was astonishing to me. It opened me up to explore all kinds of things inside myself and opened alot of doors for me emotionally while making my relationships better once I understood what the hell I was really doing.

And sure, all of those things can elicit a loving response in all of us, however, if you really thought about it, what is the one "strategy" you respond to every time more than the others?

Corvin

• Mutz
    Mutz

Time. If someone makes time for you it shows that they care.
    Time for little things, a quick phonecall, an email or a text message.
    If someone tells you they have been "sooooooo busy" that they didn't have
    the time to do something small like that I feel it shows they don't really care.
    Even the busiest person can find a few minutes during a day.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Ross : That was my initial reaction, too - LOL.

... I wondered for a while, I've even find it funy somehow that it have been asked that way ...

Sassy : to me, if you really love someone, you remember to put them and their needs first, before your own.. so to really feel loved, if someone treated me that way, as if they wanted for me more than for themself (and I should respond the same way) then I would know there is love.

Agreed of course ...

Corvin : The conclusion I came to was astonishing to me. It opened me up to explore all kinds of things inside myself and opened alot of doors for me emotionally while making my relationships better once I understood what the hell I was really doing.

LOL ... Very interesting that you questionned yourself that way deeper after a long period of mariage (really ... It's not a critic) And I'm happy it made things even better for y

what is the one "strategy" you respond to every time more than the others?

Every ... I'm very sensitive in the matter ... that's when I'm able to loose my intuition for a while. And that's why for a long time I didn't date anyone ... (I hate the endless : warm and cold feelings just one after the other) ...

Mutz : Time. If someone makes time for you it shows that they care.
    Time for little things, a quick phonecall, an email or a text message.
    If someone tells you they have been "sooooooo busy" that they didn't have
    the time to do something small like that I feel it shows they don't really care.
    Even the busiest person can find a few minutes during a day.
    Simple ...
  • Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

...just being there with me ... the way I am would try even the patience of a zen master.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Well you gotta have a significant other to start with dontcha! But hey, you're all others, and you're all significant!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Do they have to look at you a certain way?

I'm happy if they don't look at me in a certain - disapproving - way.

Do they have to talk to you in a certain tone?

I'm happy if they leave out the sarcasm and condescension.

Do they have to touch you in a certain way?

No, that's expecting too much.

Do they have to DO something specifically that evokes a loving response?

Be willing to drive me to a hospital if I require emergency medical care.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit