If You Were Allowed To Slam A Poster Here , Would You???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I once had a furious row with myself on this Board. It slammed both myself's without mercy until the whole thing became so bloody that I was forced to delete myself. I was a moderator at the time.

I learned a lot through that interchange though, the main thing being, if you pick a fight with yourself make sure that you delete both yourself's and show no partiality. I only deleted one self, and the other one bombarded my PM for days and days complaining.

A tough lesson to learn, I can tell you.

HS

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    If You Were Allowed To Slam A Poster Here, Would You???

If they slammed me first, hell yeah!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Naaah. Because then they'd slam me, and I'd slam back harder, and the whole thing would escalate until the poor guy needed therapy.

There are times when something someone posts here upsets me, angers me, disturbs me, whatever. I may slap my hand hard on my desk and call the individual a moron- but only my cat and I are privy to who the person is. I try not to get nasty on this site, just as I wouldn't pee in my own swimming pool. I value a clean, civil environment, and it's not worth losing that for the few seconds of satisfaction I'd get from being rude to someone I've never even met.

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, It's good that you acknowledge who you are........Scully, yeah, I miss the Big Guy. But, I never tried to "slam" him 1st. Ahhhh, how I wish for the good old days again......Lady Lee, keeping your dignity is what it's all about!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Candidly:

HS:
    ROFLMAO

Min:
    Naww, but I might tickle them to death

• minimus
    minimus

LittleToe, as in French or Scottish tickler?

• Xena
    Xena

I tend to perfer the subtle parry and thrust to an actually slam...although those can be quite stimulating from time to time too. After all variety IS the spice of life.

That said I try to keep the negative energy to a minimum.

• minimus
    minimus

Xena---you are the personification of a wonderful board member!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Copied from another 'worldly' forum where i post often. Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming" aka 'slamming'

1) You will not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. This will include misquoting another member out of context. You may discuss another member's beliefs but there will be no personal attacks on the member himself or herself. Rule No. 2 - No "Trolling"

2) You will not post anything that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. This will include posts that put down Christianity in general or any posts considered as blasphemy by staff. This includes links to websites in profiles and signatures. This also includes posts that have as the sole purpose to upset members and cause high volumes of responses.

Now, ask us who i would like to flirt with?

[ edited;before the advent of cyberspace 'flaming' was know as jeering it happened to me all the time in my old congregation.

Quick definitions (jeering)
  • minimus
    minimus

Ooohhh Danny, it sounds like a boring place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit