Translating and deciphering witness expressions.

by stuckinarut2 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Letter from the CO read to the congregation: "I have appointed Bro. So and So  Elder/MS" =   Gotta problem? Sue the CO's ass. Hahaha he's broke! (scorched earth)  
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    "Unproductive Territory" = The people living there are too well-educated, successful, and happy to exploit.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Further to stronghaiku's above:

"Hardhearted" = "can see through the BS we are peddling" 

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Satan is blinding their eyes.  =  They are too smart to swallow all of our failed prophecies and predictions

about the future anymore.

Regular in the Ministry  =             Driving around the territory handing out leaflets and avoiding questions  

often enough this month so no one can give you grief about or feel superior

to you.

Serving where the need is greater. =  Serving where the need is more fun.

Newly interested one =     Someone who's life is falling apart and has nowhere else to turn/ Someone 

who has'nt been told the entire story. 

Fight the fine fight of the faith =  Feeling good about not bursting into tears or clobbering a householder 

when they showed you from your own Bible or an older publication where your 

beliefs are incorrect and you don't know the history of your own religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good one pete!

how about:

"persecution" = rejection of fairy tales 

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    "Overlapping Generation" = There! Here is something shiny to play with.  That will keep you busy for a while. 
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

"Apostate Literature" = Literature...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"That talk was very spiritually deep." = "I didn't understand a word of it."

"I really enjoyed the COs visit." = "...particularly the part where he drove away on Sunday."

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Consoling the depressed souls among you.  =  Sorry you're depressed...my advice as an Elder and as someone who is shepherding the flock with kindness is to go read the account of Job and see how he was covered with boils and Jehovah allowed all of his children to be killed but made everything right again by giving him 10 other children.  (poor Mrs. Job...carried 20 kids)

Superior Authorities = Government agencies who are scorned and condemned in our literature yet are the first ones we turn to when someone infringes on our right to preach or more importantly when we need Police protection, a welfare check, unemployment compensation or government cheese.

International Assembly/ Paying more than the usual attention. = Spending a months shopping for a new outfit for each day of the assembly then zoning out the minute you hear the speaker say "Good Morning Brothers".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    "That Governing Body member sure is humble." = "He bragged about his humility so much, his talk should have been entitled, 'Be More Humble... Like ME!'"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit