She's been had.

by kwintestal 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

A big hug to BOTH of you! It must be absolutely amazing to finally have that barrier gone. Mrs. Kwin, WELCOME!! As others have said, its a rough ride when you first discover you've been had. We've all experienced those emotions and welcome any questions or vents or whatever you want to share.

Blessings!!

Sherry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{{ Mrs. Kwin }}}} Welcome to your new life. I think you will find it scary at first; to loose faith in your faith. That's tough stuff. Now you have the opportunity to find out just what there is out there. To find out just who you really are. This is exciting stuff.

Us apostates, we're not evil. Some of us have had wild pasts (or presents?). Many of us have moved on to bigger, better things, including our belief structures.

You'll probably go through a grieving process. This is normal. Denial, Anger, Depression, Bargaining, Acceptance (not always in that order, and re-experiencing them out of order is also normal). Be gentle with yourself. Hot baths (with or without Mr.!) and cups of herbal tea. A nap or two. Lot's of chocolate. And just know that whatever, you'll be ok. You have the wonderful support of your Mr. Kwin, and all of us.

Hugs and love on your new journey

Brenda

• jgnat
    jgnat

Any woman who would marry Mr. Kwintestal on purpose must have her wits about her. We have been enjoying your husband's wit for some time, Mrs. Kwin. Welcome to the club!

• Soledad
    Soledad

Hello Mrs Kwin!

I also went through hell as a JW teen. I know I'll never get those years back, but since I left the JWs everyday is so much brighter and happier!

Welcome!

• teejay
    teejay

kwintestal,

You said,

...then I started talking about how the JW view of apostates changed since all the info regarding 607 vs. 586 came out. She said she knew.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

• teejay
    teejay

Oh yeah...

Greetings, Sister Kwintestal. Welcome to the world.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELCOME-WELCOME-WELCOME!!!

I JUST LOVE READING A POST LIKE THIS WITH SUCH GOOD NEWS.

BEST WISHES TO BOTH OF YOU

Outoftheorg

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

WELCOME TO THE BOARD MRS. KWIN...and I'm so happy you're learning all the facts about the Organization and its dishonesty.

KWIN ...Great news man!!!! Wishing you and you spouse even more shared freedoms!

• Scully
    Scully

*waving at Mrs Kwin*

Welcome! I'm so glad you are both on this journey together - it's so hard worrying whether a relationship can withstand the pressures from the organization when one wants to leave and the other isn't yet ready. It took me about 6 months to gently convince Mr Scully with the truth about The Truth?... and like Kwin says, when it starts to unravel slowly, it isn't long before the whole thing falls apart. Almost 10 years later, we have a completely different life!

Love, Scully

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thank you all for your kind thoughts! Mrs. Kwin read through your posts last night. She said though when she joins, she won't be known as Mrs. Kwin (she doesn't like my name ). Maybe we'll call her Mrs. Unkwin then??? Wadayathink?

You said,
    ...then I started talking about how the JW view of apostates changed since all the info regarding 607 vs. 586 came out. She said she knew.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

I was getting at the fact that after all the stuff went on at HQ, there was a big push to get people not to listen. This was one of the first well educated, documented and somewhat public attacks on the org. so they changed their policies on those who were DA'd and their definition of what apostacy was to include those who even THINK that some JW beliefs are wrong. There was also a lot more Franz discusses this in the last couple of chapters of his book, which she had read (she cheated and skipped to the end, but I won't hold it against her).

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit