Were You Delighted When An Elder/M.S./Pioneer Got Into Trouble W/Elders???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

But the one that gave me the most satisfaction was what happened concerning one of the elders who sat on the Judical Committee that disfellowshipped me. He did not like it when I was reinstated and continued to shun me. Well, his daughter got caught in an affair with her sister's husband, an MS. Daddy had to step down, daughter was disfellowshipped and son-in-law was reproved and lost his priviledges (he was best buddy with the PO). Shortly after the son-in-law got his priviledges back, it came out that the affair was never over and they were still at it. Whoa! He got disfellowshipped that time! But in time. he did become an elder ( did I mention best buddies with the PO?) So that took Daddy down a few notches and got his nose out of the air. Yep, I did feel good about that one. Some kind of Payback, I think.

Right On Target

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Yes, there were occasions when big shotz would get reproved, but it never seemed to be the RIGHT one, the a**h***! The one getting "it" was often more thoughtful and consciencious. But that's what you get for being "kind to a fault"y organization.

-Bren

• minimus
    minimus

Target, you'd think these self righteous ones would get correction and become humbled. NOT!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Yes, yes, yes! I took tremendous delight when an elder would get in touble. This one married elder who I loathe was DF'd for banging a married pioneer. I had a good old laugh over his downfall. While involved in this affair he would serve on JC and would DF people who were involved in "lose conduct" like he was. Bloody hypocrite.

• minimus
    minimus

I've seen elders get major correction in front of the elder body by the CO and the next Circuit Assembly, the guy gets a major part!.......Sometimes, the correction means zilch!

• blondie
    blondie

If they have been merciful to others, I feel bad; if not, I figure they have reaped what they have sown.

"Happy are the merciful, since they will be shown mercy. MATTHEW 5:7

For the one that does not practice mercy will have [his] judgment without mercy. Mercy exults triumphantly over judgment. JAMES 2:13

"That is why the kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he started to settle them, there was brought in a man who owed him ten thousand talents [=60,000,000 de·nar´i·i]. 25 But because he did not have the means to pay [it] back, his master ordered him and his wife and his children and all the things he had to be sold and payment to be made. 26 Therefore the slave fell down and began to do obeisance to him, saying, ?Be patient with me and I will pay back everything to you.? 27 Moved to pity at this, the master of that slave let him off and canceled his debt. 28 But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves that was owing him a hundred de·nar´i·i; and, grabbing him, he began to choke him, saying, ?Pay back whatever you owe.? 29 Therefore his fellow slave fell down and began to entreat him, saying, ?Be patient with me and I will pay you back.? 30 However, he was not willing, but went off and had him thrown into prison until he should pay back what was owing. 31 When, therefore, his fellow slaves saw the things that had happened, they became very much grieved, and they went and made clear to their master all the things that had happened. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ?Wicked slave, I canceled all that debt for you, when you entreated me. 33 Ought you not, in turn, to have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I also had mercy on you?? 34 With that his master, provoked to wrath, delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay back all that was owing. 35 In like manner my heavenly Father will also deal with YOU if YOU do not forgive each one his brother from YOUR hearts." MATTHEW 18:23-35
  • gumby
    gumby

The reason dubs enjoy seeing other dubs commit sins and get in trouble for it is because................. it either makes the innocent dub feel victorious that they have remained out of trouble, ...or ....it makes them feel they are not alone in being a sinner also. It's one or the other in most cases.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

well said Gumby!

• gumby
    gumby

Why....thank you!

*takes a bow and walks away all cocky and stuff*

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

I waz just jokin'.