Were You Delighted When An Elder/M.S./Pioneer Got Into Trouble W/Elders???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are a SELF-RIGHTEOUS bunch!-------- Do you remember when an elder or so-called "mature one" would get into some trouble and either get "disciplined" or "deleted" and the reaction in the Hall? Some used to gloat over a big-shot getting into trouble with the elders or Circuit Overseer. Or the gossip mill would just be buzzing over seeing someone going into the "backroom" with 2 or 3 elders.....Do you remember those days????

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

In another cong nearby we had a major league a-hole get DF'd and I was thrilled.

In general I'm always a bit embarrassed when I get some "thrill" from someone else's trouble.

It's not a good way to be.

• minimus
    minimus

Confuse, that's why you're "confused". Sometimes, there's nothing better!

• under74
    under74

I don't remember any elders or "mature ones" getting DF'd. The people that stick in my mind as being DF'd or taken in the back and given a talking to were all good people that I never thought deserved it.

• minimus
    minimus

It was scandlous when a big-shot got into trouble. I've seen it plenty of times in over 40 years.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

never delighted.. confused sometimes for instance.. one elder was an alcoholic..he had dui after dui.... back before dui was such a politically incorrect thing... finally he was removed as an elder for it..but not reprooved or df'd.

it wasnt untill he wrecked and it made the newspapers that he got df'd.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, if you make the newspapers, you make Jehovah's name look bad.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I remember one brother who was respected very highly in our area and substituted as a circuit servant on occasion. His daughter was killed in an auto accident about the time I left and later he left his JW wife for another JW and left. I havent heard anything about him since. This was about the time I was leaving so I haven't heard much about anyone since. He was older than I, so he is probably dead by now. His name was Fred Ward from Greensboro, NC. if anyone is interested.(Should I include names???)

Ken P.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I didnt really delight in it, but, I always needed to know WHY was brother unrightous in trouble? what did he do? dont spare any of the seedy details?? I liked knowing the gossip.

• target
    target

The event that amused me the most was quite some years ago, an arrogant, self righteous and judgemental MS on his way to being an elder, was giving a talk in the school at the Circuit Assembly. He made the statement in his talk that Jesus was OUR mediator. The school overseer took him to task and corrected him about the mediatorship being between Jesus and the 144,000-this in front of the whole assembly. The following week at the KH during the Watchtower study his wife brought it up and gave the correct answer, in such a fashion that we were to all understand that they have it right now and are not promoting a wrong understanding. He saw to it that he was never wrong again about anything. That way he could properly judge everyone else. I just wish I had been sitting where I could have seen his face when he got that counsel.

Target

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit