DO OVERS...If you had just one...what would you do over?

by Terry 31 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

My tee shot on hole number 2 at Northwoods Golf course in Rhinelander WI in 1998.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ooo hill.......nice unit! it doesnt look a bit wormy lmao

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Nothing, cause when I'm thinking about it, everything could have been way worse from what I've started with (my choice or not). Sometimes I just feel very very very lucky.

• Scully
    Scully

I was originally going to say that I would never have been baptized... but then upon thinking a bit more, I realized my baptism was merely a link in long chain of events that began with the following event, which I would definitely do over:

My family never would have moved away from the city where I was born. Once we moved, my parents were easy pickin's for the JWs - normally they never would have given them a second thought - but the transitional year after moving made them vulnerable.

Love, Scully

• dorothy
    dorothy

Wouldn't have started dating a certain guy. Screwed up alot of people's lives, now impossible to repair.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ha ha!

Do over!

It means to beat someone up over here, ie, shut up or I shall DO YOU OVER.

Englishman.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

All in all, I think I've done a great job fixing up the crap in my life. Any decisions I've made have been good ones, and I don't regret any of them..... except one...... and it's such a small thing...... and it wouldn't have impacted my life much.....

When I was in grade 12, me and this girl were interested in each other. I worked on persuing her, and got her phone number. She was all shy and stuff, but just a sweetie! So, I tried calling her, but her mother spoke to me. She told me that her daughter couldn't go out. Damn! Okay, okay, I'm not giving up! I called a few weeks later and her dad picked up. He invited me over so he could kick my ass. WTF??? I didn't go. I didn't have the balls to. I should've gone. I've grown a pair since then, and if that were to happen today, I would have said, "Okay, see you in 15!"

Just an interesting afterfact, she recently signed my guestbook on my website.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Terry.....Have you seen the Butterfly Effect?

I have thought about this various times and do have specific things I would like to do over but would not want to take the risk of not having the daughter I have now, I might still have kids if I changed my past but it would not be my BBgun.

Guess I'm damned, if I could change one thing that possibly would not rewrite all my history I would change an event which happened when I was sixteen, I injured my left wrist and have had several surgeries over the years but have had chronic pain almost constantly since then.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Do overs? Nah, I am who I am today because of my experiences. And I happen to like myself very much these days. Though there was a time when that wasn't true.

I do, however, have 4 major regrets in life In order of importance

#1 That I allowed my parents to talk me out of going back to school after my sophomore year HS (because I had enough education to go into the ministry, pioneer or find a husband and be a wife). Hard to resist when they bribe you with a car.

#2 That I didn't back out of marrying that fine upstanding JW boy when I was 18 and began to see his BS and the BS in his congregation.

#3 The way I left my last husband (btw, he was husband #3). He deserved better, but I was intent on breaking the marriage.

#4 Marrying husband #2 because my folks said if I got married (hadn't even met him yet) that they could have more to do with me because I was no longer "sinning". It had a more subtle effect on me than I realized. Poor guy. He got clean sober over it, though.

Would I change any of them? No. I don't think so, except maybe continuing on in school. But, with the Butterfly Effect I might be someone entirely different.... we'll never know, will we?

Hugs

Brenda

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Only one thing...I would never have started smoking. A purely rebellious act that now has become a disgusting habit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit