Losing Loved ones to Death While in the Org..

by Roamingfeline 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hmmmmm.. Waiting, my sympathies for your pain. I was thinking as I read your post, and wondering. You know that rape is wrong in God's eyes (supposing there IS a God and that he gives a damn), so why would you think that he would allow your father to even BE in his new system? Or your mother too, for that matter? I would think it would be obvious that if they were that wicked, they wouldn't be around in a "holy" new system. Just a thought.

RCat

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cat,

According to the Bible, when a person dies - his sin is erased, forgotten (unless a person believes in hellfire.) Otherwise, none of us (if we believe in a resurrection) would be resurrected, as we are all sinners - according to the Bible. And at the time, I was a jw - thus making the Bible my yardstick.

Was he wicked, beyond redemption? I don't know. Neither do I know for my mother, but I don't think so for her. She just bought into it out of fear, most likely. Were they mentally ill? I don't know that either, but I don't think so.

I know what they did - but then, in light of the threads on child molestation and rape, it's not all that uncommon. Who can really determine another person's mind in totality?

waiting

• sf
    sf

Hi Kim,

After I am through {{{{{hugging you}}}}} here, can you tell me if you are "justamom" from yahoo? If so, please stop by sometime and chat if you like. There's always someone there to "fall on" with your daily-lifes courses. And it takes us out of ourselves for a while to FOCUS on you.

Sincerely, sKally/ "wturls" on yahoo...WHICH, BTW, NOW HAS WEBCAMS!!(you must download new version of yahoo to access)

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hmmm.. good point. But I still cannot concieve of a loving God who would allow you to be further tortured. It just doesn't compute. So that leaves two possibilities: Either there is no loving God, in which case, you don't have to worry about a new system where your father will reside, or if there is a God, he would somehow make it to where you no longer had to be afraid, and there would be no threat from your father or anyone else. Simple logic.

RCat

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

The trouble with a belief in a resurrection is that JW's feel that answers everything when someone dies. But for the individuals feeling the loss it is not enough.

There are a number of sisters in my old cong, who have lost family members to cancer. They are all elders wives, and have been on antidepressant medication since. This resurrection/new system hope has not helped them one bit.

My daughter was critically ill when she was born. After a while she did recover to a degree so that we could take her home. We then had to return 2 weeks later for elective heart surgery. Various procedures in between, and then open heart surgery in September 00.

I received the following encouragement:

Elders wife - "It is probably better that she dies now rather than later".

Spiritual Brother - "Don't worry. Everything will be better in the new system".

Mother in law - (after surgery when daughter was really ill and the medical team, as a last resort, were suggesting the use of blood to improve recovery chances) - "well have you told them about erythropoetin (sorry about the spelling!!)." Her grandaughter was laying there and she was STILL churning out the rubbish from the blood brochure.

The Hospital Liaison Committee were far more concerned about the academic exercise surrounding which medical apparatus was going to be used during surgery.

The Hospital Visiting Service (local London congregation near to hospital) - were more interested in telling us about the interesting calls and return visits they had made during the week.

THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!

Enlighted UK

Enjoy your life, it is the only one you'll have.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I hear ya, Enlightened. I hope your daughter is doing well, now. I can't imagine what you've been through. That group is truly cold when it comes to emotional empathy, for sure!

Hugs,
    RCat

• lookingnow22
    lookingnow22

Oh man...I may have to violently vent more about this later.
    It'll be ten years in October since my older brother died in a car accident. This has been my "carrot" since I was 12. There's too much to say about this right now, but I can say that mine, and my family's lives have been entirely shaped by this. I have no idea what to think right now about it, and that's hurts more than anything, even knowing that JW's aren't the "truth". I'll have to settle down and put a few things in words in the Personal Experiences section soon. Keep your chin up, whatever the hell good that will do.

Looking

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Keep your chin up, whatever the hell good that will do.

It's about all we can do. Getting on with life is about all we can do. Sure we grieve, and everyone grieves in different ways, but eventually we have to get on with life.

I know my mum wouldn't want me to mope around for her for the last 20 years. She was a person that loved life, loved people and looked for the good in everything. I've actually got to know her better since her death, from friends and family who knew her better than I. They all speak of her with fondness, and speak of how loving she was. What better testimony to her is there but to love and live just as she did?

• esther
    esther

I have only just read this thread, because I couldn't bear to read it earlier. I lost both my parents and my brother whilst I was a JW. The resurrection hope was what kept me in the organisation for so long, I think. Anyway, since I left, 3 months ago, I realised that I no longer believe in the resurrection. I felt as if I had lost them all for the second time, and had to go through the grieving process again. There are so many of you in this thread, so hugs to you all.

esther

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hugs to all of you who posted, and to others who have lost loved ones while in the Borg and now feel that they may never see them again. I can truly relate.

Prisca, how old were you when you lost your mother? I was 35.

RCat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit