I was lied to............

by hillbilly 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Really... circa 1970...grade school. Our spelling book had an excercise that clearly described life in the future... like my adult future. Like the year "2000" future.

Were is my moving sidewalk, flying car and silver jumpsuit? Why am I still farming dirt? Why is my tractor from the FDR era? My home is supposed to turn on light, music and serve drinks base on my brainwaves.

The only "modern" thing I have is a truck (confused bastard too) that tells me that my door is a jar.

Hill (no bucks, no Buck Rogers class)

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Hey, look at the bright side, we have the internet!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, sometimes my brainwaves are based on my drinks, so that's something you could try.

S

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

There's always the robotic vacuum cleaner, too. That thing is, like, sooooo futuristic! LOL. Seriously though, it plugs itself into the wall. How cool is that.

All they will need now is to make sex robots and cooking robots and us women will be obsolete!

"One more upgrade, and I'll be more lady than you can handle..." -Futurama

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    All they will need now is to make sex robots and cooking robots and us women will be obsolete!

lmao

The cooking robot is not a bad idea..

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

What's a 'sex'? What's a 'cooking'? What's a 'woman'?

Hill

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hill, a woman is the soft creature you get to wake up next to each morning.

The one who smells of vanilla and always has a warm smile

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hill... you REALLY need to get out more. hahahahahaha

...and quit EATING that dirt! It's not good for you.

Regards,

Jim TX

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Stephanie said:

"Hill, a woman is the soft creature you get to wake up next to each morning.

The one who smells of vanilla and always has a warm smile"

Heck! I thought that was called a "dog" but he doesn't smell much like vanilla!

Hillbilly, you must be from Tennessee. They've banned all the beautiful women from here and moved 'em all to Texas, I think. Especially the vanilla scented ones.

Cyrus the Backsliding Persian

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

HEY i'm from tennesee.. and i'm beautiful moderately cute not totally repulsive

if you can afford a car with onstar and get a smartass operator you can pretend your driving KITT from knight rider...

you can buy the clapper and operate your lights with just a clap...

a moving sidewalk could be a escalator..(wait arent there moving sidewalks in airports?)

get stoned, drunk or knock yourself in the head.. and it'll appear like the predicted 2000..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit