Red Sox, Yankees and my Comforter w/ special POWERS - a love story.

by confusedjw 42 Replies latest social physical

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well cjw, congratulations are in order to you and all the long suffering BoSox fans. The curse has been broken. The Red Sox elimiNATION of the Yankees has been accomplished.

The Red Sox celebrate after Game 7 of the ALCS.

That has got to be one of the most exciting baseball series I've ever watched ( except when the Jays won the World Series, but that is a biased Canadian opinion). 2 teams so evenly matched, I think the World Series may be a bit of a let down, after the tension, than elation of this series.

Like the announcer on Fox said, everyone in New England will remember where they were that night, when history was made.

I'll tell you though I got very nervous when they pulled Lowe. I didn't see the need for that at all. He may not have been strong in the stirkeout dept. but Yankee hitters were getting didly in hits. The Martinez comes in and gives up 3 hits and 2 runs. What was Francona thinking, especially with the World Series looming?

It worked out OK in the end, but I was shaking my head there for a while.

On the Yankees side, I have to say I was impressed with the play of Derek Jeter. He is a very good all around player, especially defensively. He covers a whole lot of ground out there, and gives me the impression he could cover most of left field by himself. He's also a danger on plays to first, because he's deceptively fast. Of course at $18,600,000. a year, he'd better be good.

Anbody have a prediction on the game tonight?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Every game in the Astros / St. Louis series has been won by the home team - So I'll go with St. Louis, even though I want Clemens to come back to Boston.

The curse has been broken. The Red Sox elimiNATION of the Yankees has been accomplished.

Did you know that the last time the Red Sox beat the Yankees in a winner take all game was in 1904 - One Hundred Years ago?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

cjw I had to laugh when I saw this thread later this morning. I missed it first time out. Gotta give a high 5 to integ. He could be a motivational speaker.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/26/79574/1292125/post.ashx#1292125

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I didn't see this thread before, but I have to tell you, anyone that can beat them damnable Yankees has my vote for taking it all! Wooohoooo!!!

I only saw the last couple minutes of the game, but it was GREAT to see the expressions on the faces of those ex Seattle players who thought they were getting an easy ring out of joining the Yankees. HA!!

Sherry

• Special K
    Special K

Hooray!!!! Hooray!!!!!

Boston Red soxs.. finally beat them Yankees.

Man.. victory is sooooooo sweet.

I'm really happy today.

from

a Boston Red Sox Fan

Special K

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Thank God. Honestly I need the rest.

• detective
    detective

JohnnyJohnnyJohnnyJohnny!

daviddaviddavid!

Derekderek!

Sox!!

(nomar)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yeah I wonder how Nomar (who rejected 15 million per year for four years = 60 million) enjoys watching this on TV?

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

After the Sox win the World Series, will you be putting that comforter up on Ebay?! Bet it will fetch a pretty penny! Just kidding! I know the comforter is an official member of the family now.

Heh-heh! I woke up to read some pretty hilarious headlines this morning! I'm just LOVING IT! "The Choke's On Us" "Damned Yankees" heh-heh

A soda at Yankee Stadium...$50 Bag of peanuts at Yankee Stadium...$75 A hotdog at Yankee Stadium...$150 Seeing A-Rod get the spanking of his life by the Red Sox....PRICELESS!

Uh-oh...better cut this short...hubby's coming this way (sad sad Yankees fan, tsk-tsk )

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well here we are. Day one of the World Series. The Red Sox have lost twice (of the 4 times they have been in the WS since 1918) to St. Louis.

The "comforter with special powers" has not been put away, building a storm cloud of power. But will it be enough? Who will the comforter "comfort" tonight? Which Red Sox player is in need? Perhaps Nixon? His bat has been a little quiet or will it be Manny? How about Tek - or better yet Mirabelli?

It goes without saying, but you haven't changed your underware right? We need all the curse breaking forces we can get.

- Red Sox Nation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit