WHAT IS THE LAST TEMPTATION YOU REFUSED?

by Terry 33 Replies latest jw friends

• dorothy
    dorothy

REFUSE temptation? What? Huh?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Englishman

Achilles tang.

Do you feed it which chopsticks? I used to be a regular at a Viet. restaurant in Seattle (Tan Duc on Aurora at 100th Street) that had BIG tang in a very large aquarium. They hand-fed them shrimp and hamburger and veggies mix using chopsticks. Facinating to watch.

Bren

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The last temptation I refused was:

Throwing a hammer at my spousal unit during our remodel. I stomped out the door instead.

Wait, does that belong in the "Are You Psycho" thread?

-Brenda

• Odrade
    Odrade

Haha! fed the fish with Chopsticks!!! LMAO.

Man, marine fish will break your wallet.... smoke, fire... I'm going to be getting a lawnmower or sailfin blenny for my little marine tank soon, and I really want some corals, just waiting for the upgraded lighting.

But the fishies I resisted were some African Kribensis (var. "bipindi"), absolutely beautiful freshwater fish, and the female is in full spawning colors. Alas, with the other aquatic operations in my house, I just have no room for one more tank right now, much less a grow out tank for the babies.

Very addictive hobby.

• gumby
    gumby

Well, I wasn't going to tell anyone but......the other day I heard about this real cool movie that just came out and I went to rent it. After I rented it and got almost all the way home I saw it was rated R and I was going to sneak and watch it anyway. I prayed to Jehovah for strength and ended up taking back the movie. I was so close to watching it you couldn't believe it!

Gumby

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It was "Fahrenheit 9-11," right, Gumby?

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Was it "Gumby and the Wild Sorority Girls of Planet Playtex"?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Gumby..inspirational posts like this are really what it's all about my friend..May God continue to bless and guide you as you search wholeheartedly through the satanic shelves of Blockbuster...Amen

I prayed to Jehovah for strength and ended up taking back the movie. I was so close to watching it you couldn't believe it!

Gumby

I refused a Tim Hortons donut, thank God I was not tempted by Krispy Kreme...Jah did not allow me to be tempted by more than I could bare.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I was tempted today with the desire not to workout at the gym. I overcame the obstacle and was very happy once my aerobics and weights workout was done.

Once again, another day down, I've conquered!

The only temptation I seem to give into time and again is my non-healthy eating habits. Just love those hi-calorie carbs!!!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Also, I work with a lot of guys and quite a few of them go out of their way to be nice; you know, the calls for no apparent reason just to say 'hi', and the dropping by my office to strike up conversations, plus the invitations here and there.

I could've by now bagged a couple of them, but I'm happily married and much too inlove with hubby to pull such a sleazy thing as cheating.

But, I tell you though, some days my evil thoughts have gotten the better of me and left me just wishing.... "Oh, what I wouldn't do to some of them if I could only get away with it".

For the time being I consider them all just eye candy.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit