Whats that in your hair?

by Stefanie 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Also, the Dr. Bronners bottle has all kinds of weird hippy/god stuff all over it that makes for amusing bathroom reading.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I know hmm I was reading on the site and got caught up.....

Bathroom reading is a guy thing right?????

• Valis
    Valis

Steph, once you use it you won't wanna use anything else. It ahs plenty of natural oils and is 100% biodegradable. You can even brush your toofs with it. Nothing like taking a shower in the morning and feeling all tingly...Really helps you wake up refreshed.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Pure Castille" class

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Valis, Dr. Bronner was a real guy, and a few years ago, I called a phone number that was on the soap bottle. Dr. Bronner himself answered! We chatted for a couple of minutes, I told him his product was great, and he told me it could help us save the world, if we used it properly (Dilute! Dilute! Dilute!). As I recall, Doc B. had a pretty thick accent, maybe German(?) A couple of years ago, I heard that he died, unfortunately. The bottles are still pretty good reading, though, and the almond scent is nice in my bath, though not in my hair. For that I use John Frieda's Brilliant Brunettes line of products.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Look at my pic i sent you .

*faints*

The girl is a hottie!

• Valis
    Valis
    Valis, Dr. Bronner was a real guy

yup...a 4th generation master soap maker from Germany.. And it is cool to read his children are keeping the business alive too...although my local Whole Foods hasn't had my perrpermint soap, so I've had to stick w/the eucalyptus for almost amonth now..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kls
    kls

Quit brown nosing sis i am still gonna insult ya :)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Steph, once you use it you won't wanna use anything else. It ahs plenty of natural oils and is 100% biodegradable

No doubt. I love natural stuff. I use pure lemons to cleanse the spray and mousse out....Definately something i am intreasted in.

• gumby
    gumby

Dr. E. H. Bronner (1908-1997)

Emanuel Bronner was a third generation master soap-maker from an orthodox Jewish family in Heilbron, Germany, where he was certified as a master soap-maker under the rigorous guild system of the time. He was the heir to the family's soap factory and business, but rebelled against his father and came to the United States in the late 1920's. After the Nazis nationalized the soap factory in 1938, his parents and most of his family died in the Holocaust.

Dr. Bronner initially worked as a consultant to various soap companies in the U.S. However, most such companies were converting to the complicated synthetic surfactant formulations that comprise modern body care products, so he struck out on his own in the late 40's. His ecological castile soaps and message of peace resonated powerfully with the counter-culture of the 60's and 70's, and he became an icon of the time.

Gumbylocks
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie

aww gumbathsoapluva

Hey KLS! I aint brownosin ya cutie..... Now go take yer bath its been a month now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit