How Spiritual Are You? -- A 20-question true/false test from TIME magazine

by Gopher 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

The new TIME magazine has a story called "The God Gene", which suggests that the need for God is built into our genes, and may have possibly evolved. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Anyhow, here's the quiz. (I rated as a "skeptic".)

How Spiritual Are You?
    alt
    altaltalt
    altTo find out, take this test, which is adapted from a personality inventory devised by Washington University psychiatrist Robert Cloninger, author of Feeling Good: The Science of Well-Beingalt
    altaltalt
    altalt
    altaltalt
    alt
    altaltalt

1. I often feel so connected to the people around me that it is like there is no separation between us.altTrue False
    alt
    2. I often do things to help protect animals and plants from extinction.altTrue False
    alt
    3. I am fascinated by the many things in life that cannot be scientifically explained.altTrue False
    alt
    4. Often I have unexpected flashes of insight or understanding while relaxing.altTrue False
    alt
    5. I sometimes feel so connected to nature that everything seems to be part of one living organism.altTrue False
    alt
    6. I seem to have a "sixth sense" that sometimes allows me to know what is going to happen.altTrue False
    alt
    7. Sometimes I have felt like I was part of something with no limits or boundaries in time and space.altTrue False
    alt
    8. I am often called "absent-minded" because I get so wrapped up in what I am doing that I lose track of everything else.altTrue False
    alt
    9. I often feel a strong sense of unity with all the things around me.altTrue False
    alt
    10. Even after thinking about something a long time, I have learned to trust my feelings more than my logical reasons.altTrue False
    alt
    11. I often feel a strong spiritual or emotional connection with all the people around me.altTrue False
    alt
    12. Often when I am concentrating on something, I lose awareness of the passage of time.altTrue False
    alt
    13. I have made real personal sacrifices in order to make the world a better place, like trying to prevent war, poverty and injustice.altTrue False
    alt
    14. I have had experiences that made my role in life so clear to me that I felt very happy and excited.altTrue False
    alt
    15. I believe that I have experienced extrasensory perception.altTrue False
    alt
    16. I have had moments of great joy in which I suddenly had a clear, deep feeling of oneness with all that exists.altTrue False
    alt
    17. Often when I look at an ordinary thing, something wonderful happens. I get the feeling that I am seeing it fresh for the first time.altTrue False
    alt
    18. I love the blooming of flowers in the spring as much as seeing an old friend again.altTrue False
    alt
    19. It often seems to other people like I am in another world because I am so completely unaware of things going on around me.altTrue False
    alt
    20. I believe that miracles happen.altTrue False
    alt
    SCORING: Give yourself one point for each TRUE answer and 0 points for each FALSE answer. 14 and above = highly spiritual, a real mystic; 12-13 = spiritually aware, easily lost in the moment; 8-11 = spiritually average; could develop more spiritual life if desired; 6-7 = a practical empiricist lacking self-transcendence; 1-5 = highly skeptical, resistant to developing spiritual awareness
  • Carmel
    Carmel

What a bogus set of questions. Little if any of them have much to do with spirituality. Perhaps a bit of psychic capacity but spirituality? NOT!

Of course I have my own definition of the term much different than many!

carmel

• minimus
    minimus

I scored 0.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

21. You have a mental image of a pink elephant in your living room.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

1 highly skeptical, resistant to developing spiritual awareness.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

1-5 = highly skeptical, resistant to developing spiritual awareness

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I scored 1. Not much of a surprise, but I'm a little ticked that I didn't get a perfect score.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

17 - Highly Spiritual - A real mystic

• flower
    flower
    developed by Washington University psychiatrist Robert Cloninger, author of Feeling Good: The Science of Well-Being

I feel bad for the patients of this psychiatrist.

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

A 19. Highly spiritual - a real mystic.

~~asortafairytale~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit