Oh my poor Red Sox and my Broken Heart

by confusedjw 26 Replies latest social physical

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm sorry for your disappointment confusedjw - and I hope your team does better.

Why will Pedro necessarily be going to the Yankees next year?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Yankees will get Pedro because he will be the best pitcher in free agency this winter and the Yankees always purchase the best guys. It's like the rest of the baseball is the minor league audition for players to get with the Yankees and the big money.

Yankees payroll - $180 million

Red Sox payroll - $120 million

Twins payroll - $58 million

(7 outs to go)

Go Patriots!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

So in terms of talent, the rich (teams) get richer and the poorer (teams) get poorer.

That's a shame. Must be a capitalist arrangement!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

It would be one of the greatest sports stories of our time if they were to come back and win it and go on to win the Series. I would love to see that!

• freelife
    freelife

I hate the Yankees but i need to have some teams fans be more misrable than my Indians

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I'm so sorry, Confused. As a lifelong Cubs fan, I can honestly say I feel your pain.

The Red Sox have always been my favorite American league team. Between us, we've got the two best ballparks in the game.

My dream is to see a Cubs/Red Sox World Series in my lifetime, but being a Cubs fan from birth, I realize that not all dreams come true.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The only major league game I have gone to was in Chicago. I don't remember who the Cubs were playing, but I was there and thought I shouldn't miss this chance.

I never had the chance to see a Red Sox game as a boy, then I was away, then I was a pioneer, then I was coaching and watching my son all summer. Next year though I'm going to Fenway......

......and now my Red Sox and heart live to see another day!

- Red Sox Nation

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

So last night in the 7th inning I thought "what did I do yesterday (Red Sox won it in the 12th inning on a David Ortiz home run) that I'm not doing today?"

Well I realized that yesterday I was laying on the couch with a comforter watching the game.

To the closet and out comes the comforter.

8th inning Red Sox tie it.

14th inning David Ortiz (and my comforter) come through.

Everyone has strict orders to not put the comforter away.

- Red Sox Nation

• roybatty
    roybatty

I feel your pain.

Cub's Fan Mike

• foreword
    foreword

Damon and Bellhorn will be hot tonight.....slumps can't last forever, and tonight's the night they come out of it. And if Ortiz stays hot....see ya later yanks.....

It's gonna be a nail biter.....I suspect another high scoring game for both sides.

Can't wait.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit