In "The Truth"?

by rockhound 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I've known many religionists in my life and I feel safe in saying that nobody has the undisputed truth on anything . I still think the WTBTS did present some interesting arguments on some very key issues involving the trinity , hell fire , immortallity of the soul , what babylon the great means and alot of the symbolic stuff in revelation . I can say I am glad not to be in relgion where you are not free to determine for yourself what is truth , instead they want you to conform to a belief structure and hand over money which makes them rich .

• Corvin
    Corvin

About a year ago, it was that simple distinction between "being in the truth" and "the truth being in you" that got me to thinking and on my way to apostasy.

Jehovah's Witnesses have the greatest propensity to lie in general than any other religious group I know of. They have greatest capacity for denial than any other organization. The truth is definitely not in them. As far as "being in the truth", that is just a silly think to say.

Corvin

• codeblue
    codeblue

Rockhound......excellent thread!!!!

So now 2 of my jw sisters probably think I have "left the Truth" cause I am not going to a Kingdom Hall and reading all the WT and Awakes! ......far from it...I am closer to the Truth(tm) then they are...

Will Power: great scripture you have shared about Jesus being "the truth"........and your comments also!!! I should bookmark this thread for future reference!

CodeBlue

• Room 215
    Room 215

I now find that expression ``in The Truth" abhorrent; for me it's like chalk screeching on a blackboard... much better that they should change it to ``in The Opinion!"

• rockhound
    rockhound

To CodeBlue

Sounds like you and yours have become somebody's Project.

Dale Carnegie said "One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon- instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
    You do a fine job of encourageing others with your posts ---Thank you Rockhound

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes Iam playing around in the archives again.

This is an extremely insightful idea. Got my brain cells thinking for sure

I feel closest to my sporitual side when I am most connected to the inner parts of me hmmmmm

• Jake99
    Jake99

To be "in the truth" is to think and act as God does. That is how Jesus behaved and to that extreme. If you are "in the truth" you see the leaders of this world as the great deceivers and the systems as Satan's way. That said if you were "in the truth" you would be outraged at what is going on here on Earth. That is how a mad man gets nailed to a cross for saying he is the Christ.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Run like hell when anyone tells you they have the truth. Its a sure sign of a high control religion. We all have our own truths, those things that are inherent in our being who we are. Now days I even question my own truths frequently. Its very enlightening.

Sherry

• Jake99
    Jake99

Gretchen,

The messiah speaks the truth, and you should be watching for him to reveal himself near Y2K. Wake up and listen when someone different, says he is the truth, the way and the light. All of the leaders of this world are on the wrong path and obviously you have heard much from them and have turned away. What a shame that the only truth you know of is what you feel. That is because no leader has shown you what your spirit knows is right.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Jake,

Hate to tell you, but Y2K has come and gone. 5 years have passed since then. Glad I wasn't holding my breath. As for my losing my faith, you know absolutely nothing about me and what I believe in, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have my own faith, it isn't in a fatalistic apocalyptic leader. But I'm not going to argue with you about it.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit