Watchtower Quote

by TowerWatch 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

I'm trying to find the quote where it was stated in the Watchtower that without the Watchtower publications one could not come to a knowledge of the truth. Something like "if you read the Studies in the Scriptures for two years with out the Bible you could learn the truth but if you read just the Bible for two years they would lose the truth". Can anyone help.

• blondie
    blondie

In The Watchtower (9-15-1910, Reprints, p.4685) Russell wrote the following about his books, ?Not only do we find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the Scripture Studies aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years - if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the Scripture Studies with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures.?

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thank you that is what I was looking for. It is so great to know where the smart folks hang out.

• blondie
    blondie

If not using a reprint:

'"We find that people cannot see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the "Scripture Studies" aside, even after he has used them...after he has read them for ten years, and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness." p.298 Sept.15,1910 WT

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I love that quote!!! Not because it has one ounce of truth to it, but because it is one of the most damning pieces of evidence that Russell was swaying people to close their minds and let him and the rest of his successors control their evey move.

What percentage of people, do you think are still JW's, that have actually read it? I hope I would not have stayed had I read it when I still was, but to be honest I probably would have.

Brad

• blondie
    blondie

The whole 1910 WT can be located at this location:

http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbnon/r4684.htm

• minimus
    minimus

Damn---Blondie! You're good!!

• evergreen
    evergreen

I,ll drink to that minimus.Blondie knows her stuff

Whats more even though i,m still attending meetings (only just) .Its a breath of fresh air to have all those niggling doubts answered and getting to know the back ground of the religion my mother persuaded me to join 12 years ago .

• bem
    bem

WOW! Blondie! I don't say great job just to flatter you! But dang Woman! that was real GOOD!

• IT Support
    IT Support

TW.

On a similar theme, you may also be interested in the following quote:

*** w81 12/1 p. 27 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

4 No matter where we may live on earth, God?s Word continues to serve as a light to our path and a lamp to our roadway as to our conduct and beliefs. (Ps. 119:105) But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.?Compare Acts 8:30-40.

Regards,

Ken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit