Did God really create the mosquito? Or, was it Satan?

by Schizm 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    More basic, is a mosquito "evil?". By what rating system?

Yes, I would say that it certainly is evil. It attacks us, and causes us pain--and for no other reason than to make it possible for it to breed. Is God the author of "evil". If not, then it was not He that created the evil mosquito.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is the motive of the mosquito to cause us pain? I thought it would be to provide for it's young. Perhaps it sees our blood more as a donation to a worthy cause.

The rating system for "evil", then, is anything that causes humans pain?

Are dentists "evil"?

Are leg-hold traps "evil"? They don't hurt people, only other animals.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The rating system for "evil", then, is anything that causes humans pain?

Are dentists "evil"?

No, dentists are NOT evil. Their purpose is to eliminate pain, not cause it. You already have pain when you enter the dentists office. After you leave his office your painful tooth has been fixed so as to cause you no further pain.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So your modified criteria, then, would be that anything, animate, inanimate, sentient, nonsentient, that causes humans pain with no good intent for the human, is "evil"?

Is a gallows "evil"?

• Schizm
    Schizm

So your modified criteria, then, would be that anything, animate, inanimate, sentient, nonsentient, that causes humans pain with no good intent for the human, is "evil"?

Is a gallows "evil"?

Gallows = justice served, so it isn't evil.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is a gun "evil"?

P.S. I am enjoying this.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Is a gun "evil"?

It depends on who's pulling the trigger, and why.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

LETS THROW A BLOOD SUCKING TICK INTO THIS DISCUSSION.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A REASON FOR THIS TICK TO EXIST??

WHAT "GOOD" DOES IT DO?

Outoftheorg I hate mosquitos and (ticks)

• jgnat
    jgnat

What if the gallows were used for nefarious purpose, like the French Revolution. Would the gallows be "evil" then?

If a gun is of itself not "evil" only it's use, is it possible that inanimate objects cannot be "evil" in and of themselves?

• jgnat
    jgnat

outoftheorg: if a Tick were to write it's own bible, would humans be viewed as "evil"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit