Did God really create the mosquito? Or, was it Satan?

by Schizm 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

People who profess belief in the God of the Bible refer to him as the "Creator". Thus, they believe that God is responsible for ALL forms of life here on the earth and in heaven. The thought of even one living thing as being the creation of any person other than God himself would no doubt be a completely foreign thought to the average Bible-believer. But as of yesterday I am beginning to wonder about this--considering the possibility that Satan has also created a thing or two. Take for example the mosquito. Did God himself really create that little pest? If so, what for? What purpose does the mosquito serve. Yes, I suppose that frogs like them for food. But the fact is that the female mosquito has been DESIGNED with the tools needed to drill into the flesh of both man and animal alike in order to withdraw BLOOD. And the itch that results is definitely not what one would call a pleasant experience. Now why would God create such a nuisance of an insect to begin with? Why would God create an insect that has the tools and the natural desire to suck the blood out of fleshly creatures? I think I've even read that the mosquito can't reproduce without the female having first sucked the blood out of some poor fleshly creature.

I'm now contemplating the possibility that maybe God didn't create the mosquito. I find it difficult to believe that he would have a reason for producing something like this that needs OUR blood in order to survive. The idea that he did actually create the mosquito seems to fly in the face of him being a loving God. So, what about the possibility that Satan created the mosquito? Is the idea of Satan creating something like the mosquito really so ridiculous? Does Satan possess the capability needed in order to create a mosquito? Well, what about the account that shows Satan created several snakes (turned rods into living snakes)?

10 So Moses and Aaron went on in to Phar'aoh and did exactly as Jehovah had commanded. Accordingly Aaron threw his rod down before Phar'aoh and his servants and [by God's power] it became a big snake. 11 However, Phar'aoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers; and the magic-practicing priests of Egypt themselves also proceeded to do the same thing with their magic arts. 12 So they threw down each one his rod, and [by Satan's power, no doubt] they became big snakes; but Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.--Exodus 7:10-12.

If Satan has demonstrated the ability to turn a dead stick into a living snake, then why couldn't he create this disgusting thing we call a "mosquito"? Any thoughts?

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

The lines between god and the devil really do blur sometimes dont they...

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

People who profess belief in the God of the Bible, and others who do not, view the whole universe and everything in it as designed around one peculiar bipedal mammal.

In fact, humans are just one of the trillions of forms of life, and everything hasn't been put here for our benefit. Mosquitos in Alaska, for instance, help to pollinate the blueberry plants, which provide some food for bears.

• Navigator
    Navigator

You would enjoy a recent book written by Gary Renard called "The Disappearence of the Universe". He relates a conversation with a couple of "ascended masters" who hold that God had nothing to do with the creation of the universe. According to them, the "Son of God" (all of us) miscreated the world by wondering what it would be like to be our own gods. We dreamed that we needed a place to play God. Our ego selves (Satan) obliged by creating the earth and bodies to enhance the feeling of separation. After all, if God had created the world would it not be perfect? It certainly isn't is it! The concept is laid out in A Course in Miracles which contains a text, workbook for students, and a manual for teachers.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have heard this argument from other nit-Witnesses. Of the over 100 different kinds of mosquitos only a very few are blood breaders, most pollinate flowering plants too small for other insects. Many small aquatic animals thrive on the mosquito larva.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Maverick,

I have heard this argument from other nit-Witnesses.

Are you saying that you had already heard of this idea (i.e. the mosquito=Satan's creation) prior to my having brought it up on this forum? Is that really so? Hmmm ... I find that a bit interesting, as I've never heard of it or thought of it before now.

Of the over 100 different kinds of mosquitos only a very few are blood breaders....

I'll take your word for that. However, the fact still remains that those that DO suck blood were created that way. They were MADE in such a way that they want/need our blood. Why would God create an insect that requires our blood in order for the species to survive? To some degree I can understand why some snakes are venomous, in order that they may protect themselves against predators. I can understand why the porcupine was created with quills, for the same reason (self-protection). I can understand why a wasp was created with the ability to sting. But the mosquito doesn't bite us as an act of self-defense! The mosquito attacks an innocent victim, namely us. The bastards! The assumption that it was God who created the mosquito so that it could/would aggravate the sh!t out of us makes no sense at all. And it looks like that's what it boils down to--if it was indeed God who made the "skeeter" then he deliberately made an insect that would be nothing but an aggravation to both man and animal. Makes no sense!

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

What bothers me is why the animals have defenses against predators? Schizm mentioned a few. I mean, if we leave alone the idea of "predators" - lions with big teeth to eat hay (ROTFLMAO) ... and look at animals with DEFENSE mechanisms, why? If all of them were to eat vegetation?

Yah, when you look at the mosquito, did it drink the fluid out of flower stems until AFTER the flood, when it was allowed by God to suck blood??????

The witnesses seem to give Satan as much, if not more, power than Jehovah - I wonder how many of Satan's creations are walking around?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Very few of us ever have truly original thoughts, with the billions of people, someone, somewhere probably had the same idea run through their minds, so your not ever hearing of this mosquito question before hardly means it has never come up.

Insect born disease has killed more people throughout history than any other source. Insects like the mosquito have keep the rain forests from being denuded long before the last century. We humans often are the authors of our own tribulation, and the closed minded religous leaders and their dupes have been at the forefront of these miseries.

Part of the mind-set of the Nit-Witnesses is that everything is explained to them and fits into some neat little package. They take comfort in "knowing" what is going of in this big world. Fact is, we humans don't know squat. Once you leave the confortable lies of the WTS you have to come to terms with that.

I'm OK with not knowing why everything is the way it is. Hopefully someday you will be too!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Tashawaa,

Up above I had said:

To some degree I can understand why some snakes are venomous, in order that they may protect themselves against predators. I can understand why the porcupine was created with quills, for the same reason (self-protection). I can understand why a wasp was created with the ability to sting. But the mosquito doesn't bite us as an act of self-defense!

In reply, you said:

What bothers me is why the animals have defenses against predators? Schizm mentioned a few. I mean, if we leave alone the idea of "predators" - lions with big teeth to eat hay (ROTFLMAO) ... and look at animals with DEFENSE mechanisms, why? If all of them were to eat vegetation?

You've caused me to realize an inconsistancy in statements that I've made. For example, in another thread I had argued:

Were there any ferocious animals that lived inside the Garden of Eden? I would think not. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/79539/2.ashx

So, on second thought, I really don't think that there were any "predators" of any kind originally. But still yet the said snake was created venemous originally, the porcupine had quills originally, and the wasp was created in the beginning with the ability to sting. Well, if it were indeed true that there were no predators originally then why the "DEFENSE mechanisms"? ... why did God create the snake with fangs with which it injects its poison? Why, if there were no predators for the snake to worry about, why was it created with fangs? Something particularly unique to the snake is the fact that it has no legs. Without legs it has to squirm along on the ground, and is vulnerable to being stepped on if it's not really careful. Would this be the reason for which it was created with fangs, in order that it may defend itself against accidently being stepped on? Help me out here. Insofar as the porcupine, I know little about that creature. Is there something in its nature that makes it particularly vulnerable? What if one fine day in paradise a porcupine happened to be faced with a playfully, but boisterous dog or two? Is the porcupine at such a disadvantage that it would be vulnerable to getting injured accidently? Is that a possible reason for which the porcupine was created with quills? Is it not true that the wasp won't sting us as long as we and other animals don't threaten its nest. So is the reason that it was created with the ability to sting have to do with its NEED to fend off those who even accidentally would cause harm to itself and its offspring?

Ouch! My head's beginning to hurt.

• jgnat
    jgnat

More basic, is a mosquito "evil?". By what rating system?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit