NOSTALGIA TIME !! Anyone remember the old "t.v. westerns" era?

by hubert 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Remember the commercial for "Wagon Train"?

Twenty Mule Team Borax..... Do they still sell this stuff?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The ones I remember have been mentioned except for ANNIE OAKLEY with Gail Davis. It was one of my favorites.

Non western: How about the original ROBIN HOOD.......CAPTAIN VIDEO (with tobor the robot)........INKY DINK AND YOU (you could buy the screen cover from the show and use your crayons to help make a bridge or something so that the hero INKY could get out of trouble)?

HappyDad

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    you could buy the screen cover from the show and use your crayons to help make a bridge or something so that the hero INKY could get out of trouble

Owww!!! Repressed Memory!!!!!!! I had crayons, but not the Screen Cover.

Mom and Dad were not pleased!!!!!

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Jim Bowie The Rebel Lawman Branded Sugarfoot Bronco Lane

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sky King counts as a western, right?

Golly, seeing all these titles makes me wanna go out and get cable.

Oh, and lest we forget: there was more than one episode on Star Trek that happened in the West, so I guess that counts too. LOLOL

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=55¤t_tip_id=113

Diapers and baby clothes will get a cleaning boost when soaked and washed with 20 Mule Team® Borax. It helps get rid of odors, reduces staining, and makes diapers more absorbent. Soak soiled diapers in 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team® Borax and warm water. Follow this soaking with a hot water wash, adding 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team® Borax along with your detergent.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Anybody remember the Chuck Wagon Dog Food Commercial where the little Covered Wagon is speeding through the house, goes past the Dog who begings chasing the Wagon and goes into the TV which then shows the moist, delicious Dog Food?

• blondie
    blondie

10. Chase the Chuck Wagon (Atari 2600)

Chase the Chuck Wagon: A real dog of a game.

The Atari 2600 is perhaps the most popular system among collectors. Collectors are often in their twenties or early thirties, and the good old Video Computer System holds a lot of fond memories for people in that age bracket. Hundreds of games were released for the console over its incredibly long lifetime, so it's not surprising that a few highly collectible and rare Atari 2600 cartridges exist.

Chase the Chuck Wagon is perhaps the most famous example of a rare and unusual 2600 game. Back in the early 1980s, TV commercials for Ralston Purina's Chuckwagon dog food featured a tiny covered wagon emerging from an open bag of dog food in a kitchen, then racing across the floor. Maybe TV viewers were easier to impress back then, but this was accepted as high comedy and the commercial became famous. To capitalize on its notoriety, Purina contracted with Spectravision to produce a special Atari 2600 game starring the beloved mini-chuck wagon.

This game was only available through mail order, and apparently, not many people bothered to send away for it. The unsold copies were destroyed, making the cartridge difficult -- but not impossible -- to find today. It is neither the rarest nor the most enjoyable Atari 2600 game (actually, it's pretty lame), but its bizarre history and subject matter (a game about dog food?) have made it a highly sought after title. In fact, "Chasing the Chuck Wagon" has become a synonym for hunting for rare games in thrift stores, pawn shops and other such locations.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Some that were not mentioned:

Tales of Wells Fargo

Lash of the West

Zane Grey Theatre

Colt 45

Rin Tin Tin

Boots and Saddles

Broken Arrow

There were two others that might be considered westerns:

Sergent Preston, about the Canadian North West Mounted Police

The Alaskans

In the 1970s there was a series called the Bear Cats, which was about a couple of adventurers in the American Southwest during 1916. It starred Rod Taylor and Dennis Cole.

• Special K
    Special K

What about

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans... Trigger the horse was every girls dream to have.

Yes, I remember the Rifle Man...Lucas Mccain.

Bonanza. Little joe .. Hoss .. Lorne Green..

Jackie Gleason show with Morton

I love Lucy.. the woman that was Lucy's sidekick.. WHAT WAS HER NAME?

Opie Ron Howard.. What was the name of that show?..and the sheriff father why can't I remember his name.

Gunsmoke.. Matt Dillon and Kitty.

My mother in law was here for Canadian Thanksgiving and we were trying to remember all the old shows and names.

Special K

I remember these ones better...I Dream of Jeanie, My favourite Martian, Threes Company, The Outer Limits, Ed Sullivan.. Really big show!., Walt Disney,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit