NOSTALGIA TIME !! Anyone remember the old "t.v. westerns" era?

by hubert 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

I was reading the post on "old radio" shows, and it brought to mind the old westerns that flooded the t.v. stations back in the 50's.

I remember the first day we had a t.v. installed, my sister and I were outside, and saw the "new" antenna on top of our roof, and ran in to watch the "new" black and white t.v., and enjoyed shows like Milton Berle, Howdy doody, and others my memory forgot. But, the shows that really come to mind, are the westerns... Kit Carson....Hopalong Cassidy...Cisco Kid....Range Rider....

Can you think of any others?

(Stick em up) ... Hubert

• Mulan
    Mulan

We got a TV in 1952. I was 6 or 7. The first show I remember watching is "Rocky Jones, Space Ranger"

Range Rider was one of my favorites, and Wild Bill Hickok too.

• hubert
    hubert

Wid Bill Hickock, and Andy Devine

• blondie
    blondie

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

The Virginian

Have Gun Will Travel

Wagon Train

Wyatt Earp

Maverick

Wanted Dead or Alive

Wild Wild West

• hubert
    hubert

Blondie, you are showing that you are not as old as Mulan and I... ooops! Sorry, Mulan ..

• hubert
    hubert

Here's one for you, Blondie....Rifleman....Chuck Connors. (One of my favorites, also.)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

TV?

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

The Virginian

Have Gun Will Travel

Wagon Train

Wyatt Earp

Maverick

Wanted Dead or Alive

Wild Wild West (thanks Blondie)

Those guys were our neigbors.... Hill

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Well, I am only old enough to remember them in reruns. But, these shows are great. My favorite was the Rifleman.

I used to watch all of them. I remember the Lone Ranger as well with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. (yes Kemo-sabe)

I love the classic days of TV. My favorite non western shows in no particular order

The Honeymooners. I must have seen the original 39 episodes at least 500 times each. I can never get tired of them. I even named one of my dogs Lulu after the classic sleepwalking episode.

I Love Lucy. - Yet, another show that is a classic. I loved the episode with Harpo and Lucy re-creating the classic "Mirror" scene.

And yes, I even like Leave it to Beaver. (Ward...weren't you too hard on the Beaver last night )

The best variety show was Sid Ceasar - Your Show of Shows.

Thanks. Great topic!!!!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have vague recollections of Howdy Doody;

but I do remember Bonanza and Gunsmoke. As a child; Bonanza was on on Sunday nites at 8:00; and I knew when I heard the introductory music it was time for me to go to bed. My older sister got to stay up late and watch it. I recently heard the music ; and it brought back the most pleasent , secure memories.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hopalong Cassidy (reruns)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit