Going to be Article about me being ex-JW...

by Confucious 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey Guys,

Some of you know a little bit about me.

I'm a promient JW for years here, because I've been successful in my career.

I've been doing the fade for about a year.

But now that word has leaked out that I am no longer an active JW.

A magazine wants to write article about me about this.

Interview is tonight. Let me know what my attitude should be.

Con

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Trust you heart and your gut and be honest.

You can't go wrong.

Rev

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Just this morning, I read an article in my local paper about Tal Bachman (Randy Bachman's son - The Guess Who, BTO). He's in town tonight.

Anyway, in the article, it mentioned that he and his wife have recently left the Mormon church, and that journey shows up in some of the lyrics to his new songs. Overall, he took a very classy approach, but made no bones about the fact that he had discovered things about the church, and that he learned that it was not what it pretends to be.

I think that's the way to go - classy. You outgrew it. Be bigger than them. Don't make them look intimidating, just pathetic.

• Dogpatch
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Con,

Make sure you make it lively and add a good dose of humor as well, they need to see you are not "disgruntled. " :-))

Randy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Let me know what my attitude should be.

Make sure you don't go overboard in any accusations you make against the bOrg. You should be able to backup anything you say with first-hand evidence.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I make my living preparing CEOs and other officials for media interviews. If you want to talk, message me and include a phone number.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow Confucious, what an honor!!!

After reading all of the above posts.......I ditto them

Show them how happy you are and how your life is very satifying.

What magazine will have your interview? I would love to read it!

CodeBlue

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I can't tell you what your attitude should be as this is your story. I can tell you that as a reader of your article my attention will be gained if I feel you are being honest and sharing your experience and, as Randy mentioned, if you can inject a dose of humour or be witty it will make for a better read.

If you think this could be an emotional experience and could block your expressions than make some notes in advance on certain points that you think will be discussed.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    read an article in my local paper about Tal Bachman (Randy Bachman's son - The Guess Who, BTO). He's in town tonight.

Tal Bachman kicks ass. I love his song "Darker side of Blue"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit