"even if it wasn't the truth,i would rather live with it then without it"

by MonkeyPrincess 28 Replies latest social family

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Why do JWs bother to have children if and when they find the truth of what the WT is and act as if they were never born .

even worse, having a parent tell you to your face "if had known before you were born that you were going to abandon The Truth? I would have had an abortion!"

sad but true.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Thank you all so much for your comments, you dont realize how normal i feel when im here.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Normal???
    Naww, we're just here for the pizza!
    Well, okay, and the beer!
    And Gumby may be here for other reasons:

• Princess
    Princess

there's pizza?

Hang in there MP. I'm sorry things aren't going so well with the family. You have a lot of support here.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Why do JWs bother to have children if and when they find the truth of what the WT is and act as if they were never born .

even worse, having a parent tell you to your face "if had known before you were born that you were going to abandon The Truth? I would have had an abortion!"

(((((Soledad))))) I'm so sorry. That is absolutely abominable. JW's positively have NO freakin' idea how hurtful their words are. I know I shouldn't feel vengeful, but it's things like the above that just make my blood boil...I would love to be a fly on the wall on their day of reckoning. God bless you, Andi

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    I would love to be a fly on the wall on their day of reckoning.

That would be a dream come true!!! Truly Heaven!!! I bet they would even give God a good witnessing trying to justify their beliefs and horrible anti-Christ behavior.

Fleaman, I have had the same thought about my mom. If she ever stumbled upon CoC she would probably kill herself.

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

What always amazes/annoys me about those who feel this way is that they fail to recognize their great luck to have been born in a country which allows them to make public their personal belief system. All this advocation while remaining "politically neutral." Hmmmmm.....

• DIY2008
    DIY2008

*sigh*

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

In the three months I spent talking to friends and family after I realized that the "Truth" was anything but, I learned that this is the last thing a JW says before shutting off his brain entirely.

For me, it usually worked like this: JW tries to find common denominators such as faith in the Bible, belief in God, etc. If this fails, he tries to convince you of those fundamental points. After you make logical points overturning each of his arguments, he switches to, "But this is God's organization" mode. Various "evidences" are brought forward, such as supposed unity, worldwide preaching, etc, etc. When each of these is handled and shown to be insubstantial, JW is not left with much else. However, surrender is not an option.

The only possible endgame for our beleaguered JW at this point is to profess his faith in unassailable terms - namely, that even if everything he said previously were false, he would still believe because [insert reason]. The reason I got was usually "I have good friends, I'm a good, honest person - hey, even if it's not the Truth, I've still lived a good life." I always marveled at how defeatist that sounded. I had a 22-year old kid say that to me. I said, "Geez, you sound like a man committed to the gallows."

To such people, one can only say, "I'm pretty much like you, except my position is that if it isn't the truth, I cannot believe it."

SNG

• Simon
    Simon

That's the best defense of their faith that they could come up with for me too:

"Even if it isn't the truth it's still the best way of life"

They like to think that only they can live good moral lives. Maybe they actually need to be JWs to live properly? Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit