Got To Toughen Up These Cats Of Mine..

by Englishman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes, from now on the cat flap remains on exit only between 8.30 - 4.30 pm, every day.

George & Poppy have become spoilt, lazy, hair distributing, under your feet, pain in the ass puddy cats.

It all started with me taking a few weeks convalescence. The house has been kept warm, I've been around to feed the little buggers on demand and they've taken me for a ride. They even get pissy when I throw them off the couch now when I want to put me feet up to watch the telly. They're so idle they can't even catch a butterfly, let alone a mouse. So that's it, they have to re-learn whatever it is that cats do. Out, damned cats, out!

So now here I am, sitting here at 11.30 am, and they're yowling around going from window ledge to window ledge looking for a way back into the house. They look piteously hungry even though I fed them 2 hours ago.

Sod 'em, I am so sick of cats!

Englishman.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I don't blame you Mike.

Cats will take whatever you're willing to give. One of my cats has also started to hiss if we move her off the couch.

Nowadays they don't have access to the lounge unless we're in and at night they're confined to the dining room, with a cat flap to the outside. This stops them waking us up at ungodly hours miaowing for food.

Keep cats in their place!!!

Thing is, I'm terrible. If they cry I immediately pick them up and cuddle them and we're both always talking to them etc. They're so spoiled! The lazy one gets treats all the time but I'm having to stop that because she is getting a bit fat!

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just a quick question, to all you cat-lovers out there.
    Do you let them access your bedrooms and stuff?

As kids we were never allowed the cats in the bedroom.
    As an adult the only animals allowed in the bedroom were adult homo sapien sapiens

• Sirona
    Sirona

LT,

No my cats are not allowed in the bedroom. That is sometimes a bit difficult if you forget to close the bedroom door all the time, but definately at night when we're in bed the cats are locked downstairs.

Even with the best anti-flea stuff (we have the one that stops them for 3 months at a time from the vet) cats still carry bugs and lose their hair everywhere and you're breathing it in at night.

Quite a lot of my house is now wooden flooring which I prefer because they can be swept and mopped and you wouldn't believe the number of cat hairs I sweep up every few days!

Sirona

• Princess
    Princess

Nope, I don't allow the cat upstairs...and it's not a problem. He runs for it every time he sees the kids so he stays close to an exit at all times. We learned the hard way(loud meowing until he gets someone to get up) that he HAS to go outside between 4-5am so he gets to spend the night either in the garage or outside...his choice. He only makes appearances while the kids are in school or asleep.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Don't forget, from the cat's perspective you don't own them, they own you.

Keep the buggers in their place!

Walter

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Don't forget, from the cat's perspective you don't own them, they own you.

Keep the buggers in their place!

Absolutely! As Hilary Step once said, there is little more irritating than a hungry cat. Mike.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Keep cats in their place!!!

Agreed. I also don't let the cats in the bedroom. The little one will howl and scratch at the door, but she can stay there.

As for the big one, he's a sneaky bugger. There are certain times we don't let him outside, usually when we'll be going out for a long period of time, or when we're closing up for the night. When I go outside to have a cigarette, sometimes he'll slip out when I open the door to go back inside. He gets really whiny when I don't let him out for the rest of the night. He'll sit at the door and beg me.

Well, at least he hasn't gone in the fridge yet.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Did you hear about the badly behaved cat that so aggravated it's owner that it got thrown into the freezer to teach it a lesson?

Well after about 20 minutes or so, the owner thought better of it and released the almost frozen cat. The cat was instantly better behaved and when it had stopped shivering, it whispered into it's owner's ear:

"May I ask what the turkey did wrong?"

Englishman.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    As Hilary Step once said, there is little more irritating than a hungry cat.

How about a hungry female cat in heat.

Shoot me now!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit