Two faced lying hypocrites

by Uzzah 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I wonder if Caspian could shed some light on the mechanics of how it all works...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honoured by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matt. 6:1-4

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Great quote Big T!

Want to send it to Shane? [email protected]

heh heh heh

• Quotes
    Quotes

Good find, Uzzah!

My opinion of the CBA just dropped a notch lower... and I didn't think my opinion of the CBA could get any lower!

It would be instructive if someone with intimate knowledge of the actual facts were to send a letter to CBA explaining the FACTS to them (like how this Pro Bono lawyer is de facto in the (low wage) employ of Watch Tower of Canada.

What is next, an award from the "Second Harvest" people for all his "Pro Bono" baking work in the Bethel kitchens????? Think about it, it is the exact same situation: a technician working for the Watchtower for next to nothing.... OK, he probably never flew to Calgary to bake buns to help kill a child, but still he has done a lot of Pro Bono baking! ;)

~Quotes, of the "Regretting I Never Went To Law School" class

• Quotes
    Quotes

BTW, when I said "someone with intimate knowledge of the facts could send a letter" I am nudging and winking at you, Uzzah! ;)

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

My God, this makes me sick. While the Watchtower uses their corporate "free" lawyers to kill a young girl and destroy a family, they take legal moves to prevent the friends of the father from publicizing the foundation that collected funds for the other side.

They masquerade as a non-profit, when in reality, they are the legal hired guns, attacking innocent people.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Want to send it to Shane?

Actually I will, but I'll do it from home.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Hey Quotes!

Stopped nudging and winking at me...you are making me nervous!!

I am drafting something this morning but if any wordsmiths here have any input I would happily receive it!

I've also asked Hawkaw for his input as well. He is far better at wording correspondence to the politico/judiciary than I.

Uzzah

PS - You & Beans still owe me a beer or 3! Preferably in a completely (un)wholesome environment

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Some info The Young Lawyers' Pro Bono Award recognizes outstanding pro bono legal services to the community by a young lawyer in Canada.

Eligibility

• A lawyer under the age of 40, or who has practiced for 10 years or less;
    • Canadian Bar Association membership a prerequisite.
    • There are no posthumous awards.

Presentation
    The Award is presented during the Young Lawyers' Luncheon held as part of the CBA Annual Conference in August.

Nomination Procedure

• A letter of nomination including full details as to why the individual should receive the award.
    • A concise curriculum vitae of the nominee must be included;
    • Each nomination must be accompanied by three letters of support from CBA members stating reasons for the candidate's nomination;
    • The full name, business & home address, telephone, fax and e-mail information of both the nominee and the three nominators shall be included with the nomination.
    • Completed application forms must be submitted to the Young Lawyer's Pro-Bono Award, Canadian Bar Association,
      865 Carling Avenue, Suite 500, Ottawa, ON K1S 5S8.

Deadline for Applications: May 15 th

Selection Process

• Selection made by a jury of three people: the President of the CBA, the Chair of the Young
    • Lawyers' Conference and the Past Chair of the Young Lawyers' Conference;
    • More than one award may be considered in any one year;
    • No award may be granted in any one year.

Award
    The winner shall receive a $1500 cash prize. The winner will be announced in a news release and a tribute will be published in the Association magazine, National. This year's award is being sponsored by the Canadian Bar Financial Corporation

Contact Information
    Emily Porter
    Media Coordinator
    The Canadian Bar Assocation
    [email protected]
    http://www.cba.org/CBA/Awards/young_lawyer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder how this guy paid for his law education. Typically the WTS will pay all education expenses for its lawyers in exchange for "pro-bono" work.

I wonder if the board members who selected this guy are aware that he is contractually obligated to do all of this "free" work for the WTS. He certainly isn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit