anyone read monday, september 27 "examining the scriptures daily"?

by evergreen 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jaredg
    jaredg
    HA! HA! HA! That's real good. The horse is calling the kettle black.... or something

i think you got confused....it's "the pot calling the kettle black" and "straight from the horse's mouth"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    it's "the pot calling the kettle black" and "straight from the horse's mouth"

Well, whatever it was, it sounded good at the time. Not all kettles, pots and horses are black.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I remember this WT as an effort to control information within the Org. JWs were using email to spread personal experiences with no malice. Reportedly some urban rumors were circulating as well. Information is power, and the Org knows it.

• Flash
    Flash
    We surely would not want to repeat such ungodly myths," or "false stories which violate what is holy"--- 1 Tim 4:7; New international version. w 9?15/02 12,13a

They ALWAYS go to the EXTREME! Everything is some how a crime against GOD !

• searcher
    searcher

evergreen,

Welcome to the board, cute avatar BTW

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    It is wise to be cautious about such tales

Amazing how they are so good about using euphemisms such as 'be cautious' instead of 'blatantly ignore.' What really makes me sick is how they constantly tone down what they really want to say and how they beat around the bush instead of being up front about their thoughts on matters. It's bad enough they persuade members to shun anything anti-WTS; it's sickening to sugar coat their message so it seems more palatable.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to dump my barf bucket, which is now overflowing with vomit.

• gumby
    gumby
    It is wise to be cautious about such tales, especially if we do not know the original source of the information.Even if an experience or story was sent by a reputable christian, that individual may not have first hand knowledge of the facts

They forgot to add....." and if any one of you try and find out whether or not these 'sensational stories' are true or not and you research the source ....and we find out about it, .......we'll disfellowship your ass!"

Gumby

• new light
    new light
    "They received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind,carefully examining the scriptures daily as to whether these things were so" Acts 17:11

Hmmm...interesting. If one were to interpret this scripture accurately, they would soon see that the WTS is full of lies. Their false teachings do not hold up to impartial Bible examination. But hey, what do I know?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Amazing how they are so good about using euphemisms such as 'be cautious' instead of 'blatantly ignore.'

What burns me now is that I used to read stuff like that and mentally translate it to what they "really meant". Read: "It is not advisable" Translation: "It is forbidden"

It felt like I had an "in", since I understood the "code".

Sheesh. What a dupe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit