"Friendship with the world"

by Schizm 108 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, anuva. I am a non-Jehovah's Witness married to a JW. Though I love my man dearly, I took a different path than you. I carefully researched the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and decided they were not Christian. I find their beliefs that anybody that is not a Jehovah's Witness is pagan and therefore, "worldly", and therefore, to be avoided, to be cruel and unchristian. Even this past week I heard the speaker remind parents that they must even reject their own children if they associate with the world.

Studying the bible is a commendable activity, and the Christian way of life (love God, love your neighbour) is a beautiful way to live. Continue your studies of the bible, anuva. But please, don't allow yourself to become as bitter and accusatory as schizm.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Schizzie

Are you saying that YOU are ticked off, ShotWad?
    No I was talking about NeonMadman, but it was a good way for you to avoid answering all the issues you raised!
    If so, then I've accomplished a good thing.
    Actually you do sometimes present an interesting spin on things but more often than not your goal is trying to stir the pot ...you little Debil.
  • Schizm
    Schizm
    -love thy neighbour - commandment is must requiement for all true christians- which obviously includes friendships with world-- anuva.

Well, Anuva, it's certainly necessary that a minister be friendly towards people if he hopes to gain a hearing ear. However, a true Christian isn't interested in becoming intimate friends with those who have exhibited no interest in becoming a Christian themselves. A Christian's time is more valuable than to expend it on person's who aren't interested in learning about why we die, why the world is in the shape its in, what hope there is for the future, etc.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    To:
    Schizzie
    Are you saying that YOU are ticked off, ShotWad?
    No I was talking about NeonMadman, but it was a good way for you to avoid answering all the issues you raised!

Aren't you failing to consider MY feelings also? Why just Neon's feelings?

If so, then I've accomplished a good thing.
    Actually you do sometimes present an interesting spin on things but more often than not your goal is trying to stir the pot ...you little Debil.

Yeah, I know I have a weakness.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumbo,

Until they [Adam & Eve] took that step nobody--not Satan, not the angels, not even God Himself--knew what they would do.

Schizm speaks for the lord.....how nice.

That's kinda risky for the lord ain't it Schizm......not knowing the outcome of certain things?

It's one thing to be able to predict (foresee) what people who are prone to "sin" (imperfect) will do. It's not possible for anyone, including God, to predict that which has to do with people who are free of "sin" (perfect).

• shotgun
    shotgun

Poor Schizzie...I guess I did overlook your sensitive side which many do not realize you have.

Yeah, I know I have a weakness.

Well don't let it stumble you man, cut it off, cut it off lest you be thrown into the lake that burns with fire.

BTW J.F Rutherford has a cabin on that lake

• jgnat
    jgnat

Schizm, I think I will let the bible do the talking on this one:

However, a true Christian isn't interested in becoming intimate friends with those who have exhibited no interest in becoming a Christian themselves. A Christian's time is more valuable than to expend it on person's who aren't interested in learning about why we die....

I mean, a True Jehovah's Witness doesn't bother with his "worldly" neighbour. But such behavior does not follow Christ. IMO.

Matthew 9:11 KJV
    And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Luke 10:33 NIV
    But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

For a True Jehovah's Witness, it is a shameful thing to be seen socializing with sinners. For a True Jehovah's Witness, that man beaten by the side of the road, would be a "waste of time". Not so in the Christian economy.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    BTW J.F Rutherford has a cabin on that lake

Hmmm ... a cabin built by the side of a lake that burns with fire and brimstone. Wow! Rutherford come up with logs that don't burn?!? Nah, I think you're just pulling my finger

• Schizm
    Schizm
    For a True Jehovah's Witness, it is a shameful thing to be seen socializing with sinners. For a True Jehovah's Witness, that man beaten by the side of the road, would be a "waste of time". Not so in the Christian economy.

You know, jgnat, you're absolutely, completely, 100% full of BS.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Schizms:

You know, jgnat, you're absolutely, completely, 100% full of BS.

So-o-o...if Shotgun pulls your finger...what are YOU full of ...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit